UPS Store canned for being maskholes

Cowboy Mac

This, me too. Business and property owners should have the right to have you wear a mask on their property. But only an idiot would believe that a piece of cloth will stop a virus.
I agree. Take away the mandate and let the market sort it out. If the business chooses to enforce a mask rule, consumers can choose whether or not they want to purchase things from that business.

What is the big deal. They should have the right to run their business their way and UPS has the right to pull the plug on them. That tree hugging couple (you just know they are) can get their mail at the post office. Anyone else think she looked pretty hot even with a mask?
The sad part is that UPS is going to miss out on a lot of business in that town.

Cowboy Mac

I didn’t make fun of you. I was asking what your plan was? I personally beleive if you don’t want power, that’s your choice, fine by me.
My plan is to be a good little corporate robot while I’m on the clock. If a business has a sign requiring masks I will wear one while delivering. If they don’t have a sign or just plain don’t care, I won’t wear a mask there. In my town it’s about half and half. As soon as I walk outside, I take it off.
Now off the clock is a different story. Depends on how bad I want what that business has and how much they actually care about masks.

Not Rushin’

Two masks. How moronic can someone be? Why not wear 3, just in case?
This crap just needs to end. If you want to wear a mask and believe they work, then in your mind, you’re keeping yourself safe. If you’re anti- mask, but be respectful of all the ignorant people who think you’re putting them at risk. It’s a fee country!

over9five

Staff member
1613956539515.png

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I have no idea why people are pooping their pants about power outages, especially short term. I lose power for days on end every couple years. It happens in a lot of places. The fact that this became a political issue just shows how lame and desperate democrats are to assassinate the character of everyone they oppose.
Much like ice and snow, most of us in Texas are not prepared for widespread power outages. Both sides made it political. The usual BS. Hopefully changes will come from this in term of preparedness, it’s just sad that it comes at the cost of people’s lives.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree. Take away the mandate and let the market sort it out. If the business chooses to enforce a mask rule, consumers can choose whether or not they want to purchase things from that business.

The sad part is that UPS is going to miss out on a lot of business in that town.
I bet within a week or 2 there will be another UPS Store opened up in that town---one who plays by UPS's rules.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Much like ice and snow, most of us in Texas are not prepared for widespread power outages. Both sides made it political. The usual BS. Hopefully changes will come from this in term of preparedness, it’s just sad that it comes at the cost of people’s lives.

I'm surprised more people in Texas, particularly the smaller towns, aren't preppers with their own generators and wood gasifiers ready to go for just such an occasion. I am about two steps away from being able to ride out 6 months of civilization wide disruption in relative comfort.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm surprised more people in Texas, particularly the smaller towns, aren't preppers with their own generators and wood gasifiers ready to go for just such an occasion. I am about two steps away from being able to ride out 6 months of civilization wide disruption in relative comfort.
Very few people anywhere are prepared for something like this. This was a 100 year - maybe a 500 year occurrence in Texas. Sure they get cold weather and a little snow other years in northern Texas but this was WAY beyond that. It will probably never happen again because of global warming :-)

vvv

But why would businesses even think to force their customers and employees to do something that won't help anything? It's not about their right to do it, it is about them being forced to by the government, and about the government using private industry to enforce ludicrous "emergency" mandates. This is the very definition of tyranny. How about businesses should have the right not to enforce pointless mandates?
I'd hang an extra star here if I could. AGREED!!