UPS stretches 'afternoon' to midnight with return to delivery guarantees

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS stretches 'afternoon' to midnight with return to delivery guarantees - The Loadstar

The two large US integrators have moved to bring back delivery guarantees to the parcel sector.

Within a day of each other, UPS and FedEx announced service guarantees for overnight air products and international parcel shipments.

However, at least in UPS’s case, the guarantee for afternoon deliveries has been diluted by stretching the window beyond general notions of what constitutes an afternoon – these deliveries are deemed timely if they arrive by 11:59pm, local time.

Previously the threshold was 3pm in many cases, for some it was noon, commented John Haber, CEO of parcel consultancy Spend Management Experts.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
UPS Driver trying to make an appointment...

"You have anything early, maybe 8pm"?
My son drives out of the hub @scratch retired from and he has an appointment tomorrow at 8 pm and he is HOPING he can make it by then . It's insane the hours that are being worked now. Don't miss it

Whither

Scofflaw
@Whither still has his all delivered before 3:00 p.m.
I encouraged an overdispatched brother to run a business trace on Mondays after mgmt laid into him for missed and gave him a verbal. His route can be a real pain Tues-Fri, nearly always has a few bulk stops blown out at places where you have to make 5 cart trips. CODs, nasty resi dead ends, stoplights that don't reliably trip when you're in the left turn lane. Mondays it's been a disaster due to all the route cutting. He's got businesses all at 4 corners, 16 pickups here there and yon. He went out with 170 deliveries, let me know he had 50 done by 4 lmao. I'm so proud of my brother :clap: :clap: