UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

bacha29

America may soon face its biggest labor strike in decades

Feel free to discuss what this may mean for fedex ground/express. As well as Sunday deliveries and other shipping companies...
While the prospect of a strike is low I believe contractors need to make plans based on a tentative settlement not being reached until the closing days if not hours before the deadline. In the meantime they are now faced with having to procure, train and equip additional assets based purely on the prospect of a UPS strike which may or may not happen. I believe that it's reasonable to believe that July's volume will spike at least to some degree as shippers try out alternative shipping options.
If a strike were to occur the question then becomes will Emperor Trump play it smart and stay out of it as Clinton did or will he order them back to work. It's an election year and his decision will be impacted to at least some degree by whichever decision will best improve his party's chance of retaining it's congressional majority.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
While the prospect of a strike is low I believe contractors need to make plans based on a tentative settlement not being reached until the closing days if not hours before the deadline. In the meantime they are now faced with having to procure, train and equip additional assets based purely on the prospect of a UPS strike which may or may not happen. I believe that it's reasonable to believe that July's volume will spike at least to some degree as shippers try out alternative shipping options.
If a strike were to occur the question then becomes will Emperor Trump play it smart and stay out of it as Clinton did or will he order them back to work. It's an election year and his decision will be impacted to at least some degree by whichever decision will best improve his party's chance of retaining it's congressional majority.

cliff1.jpg

Purplepackage

The last time ups went on strike we had so much work it was stacked on pallets around the station. I remember going to pick ups and people were sending 150 letters at every pup lol

It took us months to dig out from that, no thanks.

Though I’m officially retired at the end of July so I won’t have to worry about it