UPS Surepost package never touched by a UPS employee

35years

Gravy route
Just ordered something for Christmas last week. It was sent UPS Surepost... It was picked up by UPS Freight ( no longer owned by UPS) and handed off to the Post Office for delivery.

I tracked the 1z label via the UPS website.

Why is this allowed?
UPS Surepost package never enters a UPS facility and is never touched by a Teamster?

35years

Gravy route
Just ordered something for Christmas last week. It was sent UPS Surepost... It was picked up by UPS Freight ( no longer owned by UPS) and handed off to the Post Office for delivery.

Why is this allowed?
UPS Surepost package never enters a UPS facility and is never touched by a Teamster?

Fed-Ex no longer hands them to the Post Office, but we never even touch the box in the entire shipping process???

Why is this allowed?
Technically, T-Force drivers are still teamsters. But, however do you know who it was picked up and handled by?

Cowboy Mac

Talk to your local union. They were trying to pull something like that here in South Texas where they would bring over trailers full of UPS packages with UPS labels from Mexico and use contractors to pull the loads north and drop them at the hub to be sorted. UPS was trying to say that they were never picked up by us so it was the same as a customer dropping off packages at the customer counter.

Trailer monkey

Why is this allowed?
At least the USPS and TForce are union

35years

Gravy route
How do you know who it was picked up by?
The company sent me an email with a 1z tracking number. The link to enter the tracking number is listed here:

Notice this is a ups.com site.

But....
Under the tracking number box the following was written:

UPS Freight Less-than-Truckload (“LTL”) transportation services are offered by TFI International Inc., its affiliates or divisions (including without limitation TForce Freight), which are not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”). UPS assumes no liability in connection with UPS Freight LTL transportation services or any other services offered or provided by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries or related entities.

The company stated it was sent via Surepost. It has a surepost 1z tracking number.

Not sure why UPS would be diverting surepost to TFI. The post office delivered it to me

I could be mistaken, probably I am, but then why did the tracking page mention TFI?

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The company sent me an email with a 1z tracking number. The link to enter the tracking number is listed here:

Notice this is a ups.com site.

But....
Under the tracking number box the following was written:

UPS Freight Less-than-Truckload (“LTL”) transportation services are offered by TFI International Inc., its affiliates or divisions (including without limitation TForce Freight), which are not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”). UPS assumes no liability in connection with UPS Freight LTL transportation services or any other services offered or provided by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries or related entities.

The company stated it was sent via Surepost. It has a surepost 1z tracking number.

Not sure why UPS would be diverting surepost to TFI. The post office delivered it to me

I could be mistaken, probably I am, but then why did the tracking page mention TFI?
So this disclaimer exists before you even enter a 1Z tracking number and you think it applies to your SurePost package?

35years

Gravy route
So this disclaimer exists before you even enter a 1Z tracking number and you think it applies to your SurePost package?
Yep,

My mistake.
I followed a link from the company who sold me the product. There I see the wording I posted.

Can I be blamed for being suspicious? Drivers see violations of the Surepost rules every single day. I deliver business surepost packages to the post office every day. And proximity packages? It is a joke.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The TFI notice is always a bit odd mixed in there but I assure you it was just a regular ol' surepost dump.

On the other hand if they could get the feeder gypsies to not swerve in and out of lanes potentially killing a preloader coming into work I would appreciate it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ups has been abusing this program since the start and pos hof has just let it happen…ups said they had to start it because FedEx was undercutting accounts with their smart post… afaik, FedEx has pulled out of that program for the most part (they were going lots of Amazon smart post)… we have it in the contract that we would stop also if the competition did…it’s a total scam and worst than pvd’s IMO. The sizes of boxes were suppose to get smaller but never really did, and drivers were supposed to get “proximity stops”.. but unless it’s at the same stop that’s not happening. They aren’t just dropping a few bags to the PO.. in some cases it’s mashers full of pkgs…

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This was already hashed out in a previous identical thread....not sure how it was resurrected???