UPS Teleconfrence Sunday

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
i knew it! the number is embarrassingly low isn't it. 93% voted to strike! 93% voted to strike! my :censored2:. 93% of the what? less than 10% of the teamster eligible to vote? 20%?

I would not worry too much about the percentage of the current strike vote, back in 2002 it was also at a 93 percent approval with a raise of hands at your local union hall. Far more members participated with this electronic vote. The apathy is there still but you will always have the hard core seniority members that vote on every ballot or election.

The real percent of this Strike Authorization is a deep, hidden secret for whatever reason who knows. Another consideration is that the Union is trying to figure out how each one of the regions will vote and by what numbers. Just from my limited experience I would say it would be fair to claim that this Contract will live or die in the Midwest, South and East..The West is content with their good pension but still that GWI will not keep up with their increasing cost of living, they will probably go 50/50 on this as it stands now..

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I would not worry too much about the percentage of the current strike vote,

No worries, more like a morbid curiosity. I’m just trying to follow the whole convoluted logic of it all. The strike vote was the start of this whole debacle. The fake news 93% strike story went viral and set the negative tone to the workers before we got to see the handshake proposal that flipped the script of the unions meassage. So now it’s workers against the union and workers against the company at the same time. Just wondering who orchestrated this and why?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It has been brewing for some time now..No one trusts either party to do the right thing, it is all about protecting the product and the status quo. What we are seeing just from this forum is that people are sick and tired of the same "closed door" tactics, every year is gets worst. If the information age becoming more popular and access to instant information a common practice now, both parties do not have the mind control that they had in the past.

People are asking the right questions and can see through the lies and misinformation. If everybody can still believe it but the Union is paid by us to represent us, we are paying these Union officials their salaries. It appears they have got into the same mindset as those in Atlanta, in their own protected bubble and believing in their own elitist dogma that they really know what is going on and their membership or employees are not up to that standard.

You may be right it might be the rank and file against both negotiating parties. I praying I am wrong, anyway we shall at the end of this one.