UPS the company with a heart.

scottVA

Richmond-Air
April 1st 2010 I hit 25 years with ups as a part timer( I must be retarded) 7months later they awareded me my 25 year plack..it was nice too bad it was found in the trash with several other drivers in the bottom of a storage closet. Gee really makes me get the warm a fuzzys.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have a driver that was just given his 30 yrs of safe driving plaque about 2 weeks ago. His anniversary date was back in May. :dissapointed:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
a box full of awards showed up back in early august, for drivers and p/t's, mostly 20's and 25 for the drivers & 20 and 40 for the p/t. That box is still sitting there.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
April 1st 2010 I hit 25 years with ups as a part timer( I must be retarded) 7months later they awareded me my 25 year plack..it was nice too bad it was found in the trash with several other drivers in the bottom of a storage closet. Gee really makes me get the warm a fuzzys.

You are an "April Fool", not retarded.

brett636

They gave me my 5 year award well after I had passed 6 years. Another employee found his 10 year award on top of a shelf covered in dust. I believe the company sends these out on time, its the local management that could care less if you get it in a timely manner.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They gave me my 5 year award well after I had passed 6 years. Another employee found his 10 year award on top of a shelf covered in dust. I believe the company sends these out on time, its the local management that could care less if you get it in a timely manner.
Stick to the mantra ... All decisions are made by some idiot in I.E. Sitting in a cubicle in Corporate.

iowa boy

Stick to the mantra ... All decisions are made by some idiot in I.E. Sitting in a cubicle in Corporate.

This actually could be true Hoax. Every other decision that is made with regards to a center or hub comes from the Division Manager on up to Corporate. Why would this be any different?:happy-very:

And I am kidding when I say the above so please don't ANTI-SOCKS me!

scottVA

Richmond-Air
Im suprised they still give us our plaques, how about the stuff we could order out of out of book? I guess that left with the last contact?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Im suprised they still give us our plaques, how about the stuff we could order out of out of book? I guess that left with the last contact?
None of the awards stuff was ever contractual, it's always been a company handout. Just make sure your paycheck is right, and don't worry about a two dollar plaque.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Like the turkey?
First time I picked up the turkey it sat in my freezer for a year til I threw it out. A couple times after that I gave them away. Then I just stopped picking them up, it was more of a hassle for me than anything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
None of the awards stuff was ever contractual, it's always been a company handout. Just make sure your paycheck is right, and don't worry about a two dollar plaque.

Like the turkey?

First time I picked up the turkey it sat in my freezer for a year til I threw it out. A couple times after that I gave them away. Then I just stopped picking them up, it was more of a hassle for me than anything.

But wait Jonesy, there was a recent huge win for the wrench-turners over in UPS Air to get their turkeys back.
I mean there was celebration and fist-pumping ... it must have been pretty important to them.

PS - I always gave mine to the battered-womens shelter in my home town ... they were grateful.