UPS to become the Sears & Robuck Of shipping??

87brown

After working for this company for more than 33 years I am utterly shellshocked at the reputation this company has Now. Between people complaining about how packages are late and/or missed delivered not to mention just leaving them at the door after business hours what has happened? we are losing big shippers left and right and no one seems to care And of course we don’t even look professional out there anymore. It’s truly disheartening and with all of the new competition out there it’s hard to believe UPS can be competitive considering where the highest priced in the industry with such a piss poor service with that being said I truly believe this new contract will tell a lot about the direction this company will be going. But I truly believe in the end if we don’t change your ways we will become the Sears & Robuck of the shipping industry bankrupt!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We are making record profits. You want to see poor customer service just look at all the other shippers leaving stuff in the rain by the mailbox.

87brown

The record profits are convoluted due to the fact that the majority of those profits came from Covid -vaccines and we are charging the government premium dollar on those packages. Not to mention in our center probably about 60% of our deliveries are Amazon once they finally take the rest of their stuff and get their shipping company up and running that will change The whole shipping industry. this year we had lost a lot of air volume and it’s funny we will go to the airport to pick up our volume I watch Amazon run like a fine oiled machine as we look like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off trying to unload three planes I’m just utterly lost for words never knew this was happening.

542thruNthru

After working for this company for more than 33 years I am utterly shellshocked at the reputation this company has Now. Between people complaining about how packages are late and/or missed delivered not to mention just leaving them at the door after business hours what has happened? we are losing big shippers left and right and no one seems to care And of course we don’t even look professional out there anymore. It’s truly disheartening and with all of the new competition out there it’s hard to believe UPS can be competitive considering where the highest priced in the industry with such a piss poor service with that being said I truly believe this new contract will tell a lot about the direction this company will be going. But I truly believe in the end if we don’t change your ways we will become the Sears & Robuck of the shipping industry bankrupt!!!
I think we'd be better off if all the old men with 30+ years just finally retired and quit bitching about unshined shoes.

That just my observation though.

87brown

Trust me I understand what you’re saying about what you’re reading in the paper on how good we are but when you go to the customers and they’re turning away our services for other people that’s what I’m seeing and eventually it’s coming to her city near you

babboo25

Banned
Trust me I understand what you’re saying about what you’re reading in the paper on how good we are but when you go to the customers and they’re turning away our services for other people that’s what I’m seeing and eventually it’s coming to her city near you
Maybe it’s just your customers?? 3 of my pickups have switched 100% of their volume to us recently. Amazon will never deliver all of their own stuff, well oiled machine as u call it but they can’t even take simple returns. I see 5+ Amazon vans a day delivering to a town of 8,000, but yea it’s a well Oiled machine, lol

Sears and Roebuck*

Just trying to be helpful

87brown

Clueless absolutely not I’m just not naïve with my head in the sand what it’s not about whether you’re shaved or not it’s the appearance of the driver what’s the difference between a FedEx driver and a UPS driver and or Amazon nothing that’s my point it’s not about whether you are shaved or have sleeve tattoos or piercings through your eyebrows and nose it’s the pride in the job in that no longer exists. And of course we are the most expensive in the industry So why would you pay more for the same poor Service has the other companies if you’re smart you wouldn’t.
Boo hoo the guy parked next to you has a beard while your :censored2: shaved for 33 years. Must mean the company is going out of business. You’re clueless

That’s all I’m saying I was just wondering if other people had started to see you too that’s all.

rod

Retired 22 years
Big companies have failed many times. Sears- Wards-J C Penney-Railway Express to name a few. I give UPS 10 maybe 15 more years If they are lucky before they vanish. The writing is on the wall.

Big companies have failed many times. Sears- Wards-J C Penney-Railway Express to name a few. I give UPS 10 maybe 15 more years If they are lucky before they vanish. The writing is on the wall.
I disagree with that statement. I think they want to become a smaller company and not have to spend any money on infrastructure and just deliver to more powerful packages and have less employees and more automation

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We are making record profits. You want to see poor customer service just look at all the other shippers leaving stuff in the rain by the mailbox.
I had one left in the rain on Friday by USPS, no bag. I was home luckily or it would have been destroyed.

May not be as good as it once was but still leagues better than the competition so there's that.