UPS to divert hurricane affected flights to Louisville

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS to divert hurricane affected flights to Louisville - Business First

The company has shut down the Monday night and Tuesday package sorts at its Philadelphia Air Hub, said Jeff Wafford, public relations supervisor at Louisville-based UPS Airlines. Because of that, inbound flights from Europe, which normally would land at the Philadelphia Air Hub, are landing in Louisville.

Further, the company has canceled flights from Louisville to New York; Baltimore; Dulles, Va.; Newark, N.J.; and Harrisburg, Pa.

Wafford said UPS’s meteorology department is continuing to look at conditions, monitoring radar and trying to determine how the Category 1 storm will impact company assets, customer property and employee safety.

menotyou

bella amicizia
UPS to divert hurricane affected flights to Louisville - Business First

The company has shut down the Monday night and Tuesday package sorts at its Philadelphia Air Hub, said Jeff Wafford, public relations supervisor at Louisville-based UPS Airlines. Because of that, inbound flights from Europe, which normally would land at the Philadelphia Air Hub, are landing in Louisville.

Further, the company has canceled flights from Louisville to New York; Baltimore; Dulles, Va.; Newark, N.J.; and Harrisburg, Pa.

Wafford said UPS’s meteorology department is continuing to look at conditions, monitoring radar and trying to determine how the Category 1 storm will impact company assets, customer property and employee safety.
See what's first???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I remember flying into there for a visit to a JC Penney (I think) distribution center.
That is one long runway - ex-SAC base?

Yes. At one time it was the third alternate landing site for the space shuttle. I don't think it was JC Penney as the closest distribution is in Connecticut.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yes. At one time it was the third alternate landing site for the space shuttle. I don't think it was JC Penney as the closest distribution is in Connecticut.

I remember now ... it was a cross-border cartage and mass-custom's clearance project and the facilities were in the US and one of the customers was outside Montreal.

Too many projects in too many places ... it all blends together after a while.