UPS To Exit NASCAR

AndUPSER

UPS can't be spending that much money on NASCAR sponsorship anyway. They have only been a primary sponsor one race a year for the past two years.

UPS can't be spending that much money on NASCAR sponsorship anyway. They have only been a primary sponsor one race a year for the past two years.

And they weren't spending near as much as when they were primary the full season. And that token symbol on the Ferrari's is costing a lot more than the Nascar team did back when they were primary on Jarretts car.

Apparently a lot. I am called "Fed Ex" a lot, and too many ask for my help in stores while I'm wearing the uniform, really thinking I work there because I am wearing a uniform. I point to the emblem and they still stare at me for a couple moments before it finally kicks: he is not employed here.

In all seriousness, UPS ought to lend their name to a basketball/hockey arena, or a sport where they'll get much visibility on national TV on an almost weekly basis.

We could sponsor the Cleveland Browns. Their record would reflect how well peak went for us so it's win-win.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UPS's investment of 25 million into Ferrari for 2013 sponsorship was and is a joke. While I watch F1 as a loyal fan, the puny UPS shield on the gas tank of the F150/2013 was barely visible. Since Ferrari was rarely at the top of the charts, UPS wasnt even a feature during the races.

UPS could have invested that money into something more productive than F1.

TOS

Kae3106

Then where should we spend this advertising money Mr Marketing expert

Emerging markets. That's where the future growth is, not the domestic market. UPS is a household name in the US but we operate in some countries where people have barely heard of us. Direct the advertising money to building the brand there.

bumped

UPS tried to buy the championship by getting Dale Jarrett right after he won his. It worked in the short time, but lost its luster after a couple years.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Now I understand the shift in the sponsoring. Thanks. As an aside, I actually like F1 cars more.

Again, I'm not pro or con, but I used to be an F1 nut and wrote for some blogs back in the 90's. F1 is almost unheard of here in the States. But worldwide, it is hard to underestimate its popularity. It is HUGE.

I haven't been in PC for over three years, but I remember, years before I left for feeders, the big push towards international volume. The reason we were always given was the huge profit margin on international packages. But before I left, it seemed like the push for international volume was waning. Just asking you PC drivers, but is this still the case?

As an aside, anyone who has ever been to a NASCAR race will tell you how cool the cars sound, right? Man, I've been to a handful of F1 races and NASCAR races, and I can tell you NOTHING screams like an F1 car in full fury. I always thought a stock car was loud, but I never needed ear plugs at a NASCAR race. You can try a few laps, track side, at an F1 race, but I can promise you, within a minute, maybe two, you will be jamming ear plugs as deep into your ear canals ASAP.

oldngray

nowhere special
F1 is boring to watch. Whoever gets the lead on the first turn wins if he car doesn't break down. NFL would generate better publicity but UPS is too cheap to invest in NFL sponsorship. They would prefer to waste money advertising on other things few people watch.