UPS to hike dividend, buy back more stock: CFO in paper

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS to hike dividend, buy back more stock: CFO in paper - Reuters

United Parcel Service (UPS.N) plans to woo shareholders with a higher dividend and more share buybacks rather than use strong cashflow for large acquisitions, chief financial officer Kurt Kuehn told a German newspaper.

UPS pays "a very high dividend and are planning a further dividend increase next year," Kuehn was quoted as saying in an interview published by Boersen-Zeitung on Thursday.

"Next year, we want to significantly increase that (buyback) volume," Kuehn told the newspaper.

He said the express delivery company -- a bellwether of the U.S. economy -- had no plans to use substantial amounts of cash for large acquisitions in the near future but would focus on small to medium-sized targets.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS to hike dividend, buy back more stock: CFO in paper - Reuters

United Parcel Service (UPS.N) plans to woo shareholders with a higher dividend and more share buybacks rather than use strong cashflow for large acquisitions, chief financial officer Kurt Kuehn told a German newspaper.

UPS pays "a very high dividend and are planning a further dividend increase next year," Kuehn was quoted as saying in an interview published by Boersen-Zeitung on Thursday.

"Next year, we want to significantly increase that (buyback) volume," Kuehn told the newspaper.

He said the express delivery company -- a bellwether of the U.S. economy -- had no plans to use substantial amounts of cash for large acquisitions in the near future but would focus on small to medium-sized targets.

Looks like UPS is finally figuring out how to position our stock.
I've been saying this is what we should do for years ... I guess we had to try and position as a growth stock but it never made sense to me.