UPS to pay $4.2 million for false delivery claims

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS to pay $4.2 million for false delivery claims - USA Today

Package delivery giant UPS (UPS) Wednesday reached a $4.2 million settlement for overcharging 17 states and three local entities by falsely recording that next-day delivery packages reached their intended destinations on time.

The agreement, the Atlanta-based company's second on similar allegations this year, covers alleged wrongdoing from 2004 to 2014 in which some employees recorded inaccurate delivery times on packages that government customers sent via UPS next-day delivery services.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Package delivery giant UPS (UPS) Wednesday reached a $4.2 million settlement for overcharging 17 states and three local entities by falsely recording that next-day delivery packages reached their intended destinations on time.

The agreement, the Atlanta-based company's second on similar allegations this year, covers alleged wrongdoing from 2004 to 2014 in which some employees recorded inaccurate delivery times on packages that government customers sent via UPS next-day delivery services.

If it's late, it's late.
Don't record it any other way.

This will be a hot issue for a while, and heads could roll; don't let one of those be yours.

oldngray

nowhere special

I thought that sounded like old news and the link doesn't match the headline.

It does link to a current but different story
FedEx, TNT Express say takeover to go ahead

InsideUPS

And yet.....how many UPS drivers lose their jobs each day for "dishonesty"?

Drivers in our building are no longer permitted to record a package as "damaged"...even though it clearly is damaged.

Fortunately....it really did pay for this UPS "whistle blower" to be honest...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I thought that sounded like old news and the link doesn't match the headline.

It does link to a current but different story
FedEx, TNT Express say takeover to go ahead
My fault. I was fumbling around and posted the wrong link.

It's fixed now.

:backingout:

10 point

And yet.....how many UPS drivers lose their jobs each day for "dishonesty"?

Drivers in our building are no longer permitted to record a package as "damaged"...even though it clearly is damaged.

Fortunately....it really did pay for this UPS "whistle blower" to be honest...
Where did drivers learn to work dishonestly?