UPS to sell UPS Freight to TFI

Just Lurking

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Already being discussed.

Time to merge threads.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
So who picks up all the tree pruners now?

Remember the package cars bulked out before Freight? I could have three cars with a total of 445 packages. Two of the cars had only 75-100 each. Pillows, Sewing Stuffing, Paper Towels, Sleep x #'s! Bullets by the bulk to residential stops. STAPLES! ☹️

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So who picks up all the tree pruners now?

Remember the package cars bulked out before Freight? I could have three cars with a total of 445 packages. Two of the cars had only 75-100 each. Pillows, Sewing Stuffing, Paper Towels, Sleep x #'s! Bullets by the bulk to residential stops. STAPLES! ☹️
We still deliver all of that.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1611667061290.png

1611667078051.png

RUDoneYet

And what they bought was a company called overnight or overnite? with tractors and trailers that were in service during ww2 and spent a good decade replacing them with modern equipment.
@johnnyunion UPS bought Overnite out of Richmond, VA in 2005, and it's no coincidence their vehicles were blue and gray, a nod to the Confederacy. As far as equipment, I feel UPS tarnished the brand by taking over 10 years to fully rebrand Overnite equipment to brown. As late as 2016, there were still Overnite vehicles in our area with a hand printed cardboard sign that said UPS duct taped to the tractor doors. This was a bad move from the get go. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, you may remember the Overnite CEO (?) drafted and mailed a nasty letter to the rank and file right after the sale. This was after a lengthy contract battle and strike by the Teamsters. He was immediately convinced he could go into retirement or get fired by the new boss, UPS. In general, UPS does not seem to do well with acquisitions in general. This was from an article ( StackPath )just after the purchase:

"According to a Teamsters news release in May, UPS Freight employees received anti-union DVDs via mail sent by UPS Freight executives who formerly headed Overnite. According to the news release, UPS Corp. CEO Mike Eskew responded in a letter to Teamster president Jim Hoffa that the DVDs were sent without his authorization or knowledge."

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

@johnnyunion UPS bought Overnite out of Richmond, VA in 2005, and it's no coincidence their vehicles were blue and gray, a nod to the Confederacy. As far as equipment, I feel UPS tarnished the brand by taking over 10 years to fully rebrand Overnite equipment to brown. As late as 2016, there were still Overnite vehicles in our area with a hand printed cardboard sign that said UPS duct taped to the tractor doors. This was a bad move from the get go. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, you may remember the Overnite CEO (?) drafted and mailed a nasty letter to the rank and file right after the sale. This was after a lengthy contract battle and strike by the Teamsters. He was immediately convinced he could go into retirement or get fired by the new boss, UPS. In general, UPS does not seem to do well with acquisitions in general. This was from an article ( StackPath )just after the purchase:

"According to a Teamsters news release in May, UPS Freight employees received anti-union DVDs via mail sent by UPS Freight executives who formerly headed Overnite. According to the news release, UPS Corp. CEO Mike Eskew responded in a letter to Teamster president Jim Hoffa that the DVDs were sent without his authorization or knowledge."
The UPS freight building on my route still has Overnite trailers parked on the lot. They didn’t take too kindly to me these past few days.