UPS Union Employee Looking at UPS Non Union Job

owlman

Is is true that a UPS Union Employee cannot apply to a UPS non union job without quitting the Union job first?
If so, how do you move up as a UPS Union employee?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Invest in real estate. I don’t mean some crackhouse you’ll need to dump your life savings in... something that won’t need a whole sex change of a remodel, in a vacation-friendly area, with no HOA and preferably no nosy neighbors.

You turn this into a short-term rental, and now you’re covering your mortgage payment every WEEK. It can be as hands on or as hands off as you like nowadays, when my parents entered the business it was newspaper ads and such. With Airbnb you can have vetted guests booked back-to-back and cleaning staff scheduled/paid automatically between stays.

MisplacedRailWorker

Put on a digital lockbox which synchronizes online and you could (give or take a few bumps in the road every now and again) manage your rental property from across the country. All you do is watch the payments transfer into your bank account. That’s how my father (with my mother, stay at home, help) was able to own 5 properties while working as an hourly union employee.

barnyard

KTM rider
Having stayed at AirBnB's it is really easy to tell when we are at an absentee owner property vs locally owned. Local owners take better care of their stuff and finding cleaning staff is easier when you are local.

My daughter bought a house and married a guy with his own house. Hers is on AirBnB. Before the rona, they did very well with it. Now, it is just barely covering costs. It is still a long term investment, my point is, if you cannot afford the payments, do not buy a house banking on making the payments via AirBnB income.

MisplacedRailWorker

Having stayed at AirBnB's it is really easy to tell when we are at an absentee owner property vs locally owned. Local owners take better care of their stuff and finding cleaning staff is easier when you are local.

My daughter bought a house and married a guy with his own house. Hers is on AirBnB. Before the rona, they did very well with it. Now, it is just barely covering costs. It is still a long term investment, my point is, if you cannot afford the payments, do not buy a house banking on making the payments via AirBnB income.
I have to agree with you on that; forgive me for not mentioning the potential hazards- I am assuming OP has reached the top of the ladder in his area and is in feeders/package and has income. Could be totally wrong. Either way I can’t comment on the different types of management jobs as I’ve never held one and left years ago... I’ve heard the environment has only become more hostile even amongst themselves so ask around here for that.

If you’re an inside employee you could probably earn more money over the course of your career driving than you would running the gambit in management. As far as moving up in the world though... as a driver/package handler/mechanic you are more respected in my eyes than any of the other “successfuls” of today. Nothing wrong with a hard hat and a hammer, the working man is the salt of the earth.