UPS vacation

Z

ZQXC

Building time for vacation and vacation selection are two independent subjects. Vacation selection is done by seniority and you have none. Also, at least here, Thanksgiving is a coveted week, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to secure that for quite some time.

To put it in perspective, it took me 30 years, before I could choose a Thanksgiving week vacation.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
You'll get thursday off and you will have to wait a few years before you can get vacation for that time. Hell I've been here 13 years and couldn't get off in sept oct or nov.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just got hired at UPS and I just want to know when do I start building vacation time for next thanksgiving.
Highly appreciate it.
After a year, you get a week's vacation but your choices of weeks off will be.limited. That is, of course, unless you are seasonal (since you were just hired),,, in which case you will not be here long enough to earn anything.

Future

Victory Ride
million-people-waiting-ganges.jpg
Just got hired at UPS and I just want to know when do I start building vacation time for next thanksgiving.
Highly appreciate it.[/quote
You would be ........someone at the end of this line

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
i couldve gotten thanksgiving week this year...but friend that, I want 5 extra days off that I wouldn't have off already.

Yeah, but that would be a nice vacation check, with the two extra days pay lol. Now that I'm in Feeders I'll never see that week off before I retire, but it's a sweet trade off. Easier work and air conditioning is better than a certain week of vacation.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always figured we got 2 days off already (used to anyway) so why burn up a weeks vacation for days you already have off.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Old geezers like myself hog all the weeks newbies want. Live it, learn it, love it! Hang around long enough and you will be hogging yourself!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
You're entitled to vacation pay after one year of employment. The number of weeks is addressed in your regional or local contract supplement. In mine, we're entitled to one week after one year of employment and two weeks after two years. If you were hired permanently in October, next year you will be entitled to a week off that occurs AFTER your seniority date but through the week of Thanksgiving (we cannot take time off thereafter). Vacations are selected by seniority, so you may not have much to select from.

Among PTers, the week of Thanksgiving is historically NOT popular as we're given two days off (Thanksgiving and the day after). This year UPS is mandating that most of us work the day after, so that may change next year.