UPS VP Suicide

P

pickup

We also have common sense.....He's guilty!

I thought the same about this case when it first came out. Four guys were accused of rape of a college student. When I heard about it , I said" good they got them." Then the twist came when it was revealed that one of them videotaped a portion of the experience which indicated that she was a very willing participant. She backed down on her story and the gentleman were free to go.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/17/danmell-ndonye-hofstra-ra_n_290484.html

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
You may feel at ease in a morbid sense that he took the "final exit" because of a crime he committed and not because of the something in upper management that we should be concerned about.

grease

I personnally have worked with Mark in Asia before;
He was a great guy and boss and takes care of his people.

Saw some comments and thought we should let this go.
Thanks

rod

Retired 22 years
I thought the same about this case when it first came out. Four guys were accused of rape of a college student. When I heard about it , I said" good they got them." Then the twist came when it was revealed that one of them videotaped a portion of the experience which indicated that she was a very willing participant. She backed down on her story and the gentleman were free to go.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/17/danmell-ndonye-hofstra-ra_n_290484.html

dang women

island1fox

Only 15 years with UPS and already a VP ? I do not know who this person was --but sure must have been "fast-tracked" VP is District Manager level.

D

Dis-organized Labor

If a woman gets friendly with you in a bar and you end up sleeping with her, are you guilty of rape if she turns around and accused you?

Of course not, but if I killed myself over it, I think it may be a fair assumption that I was indeed guilty.
Why else the average person resort to such a decision????

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Of course not, but if I killed myself over it, I think it may be a fair assumption that I was indeed guilty.
Why else the average person resort to such a decision????

Rape doesn't = death sentence in this country.
I think he did it out of SHAME, for his family and children. Plus the likelyhood for the end of his UPS career as VP.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Rape doesn't = death sentence in this country.
I think he did it out of SHAME, for his family and children. Plus the likelyhood for the end of his UPS career as VP.

I partially agree. If it was me and I was truly innocent, I would believe that the truth would prevail in the long run. That's all I'm saying. I'm a typical, average guy and I believe most people would react the same way. Being falsely accused when it was consentual may be shameful, but not as shameful as taking yourself out. THAT will leave more permanent damage to friends and family than consentual sex outside one's marriage.
Someone posted the four Duke guys accused of rape, how come they didn't all kill themselves????

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Not everyone has the same outlooks on things in life. Some flip out for small things while others brushes off easily. Some has narrow views and it just drives them to the corner all the time. IMO I don't think anyone in his position should take that route but now it's too late for him.........

P

pickup

Oh, oh! Pick me!!!!

Because they had consensual sex, not rape!

the difference might very well be this: lets say the duke players and the VP both had consensual sex. I don't think the duke players would have to explain it to their wives because I assume they were not married.

P

pickup

I see. So instead of explaining it to your wife, you kill yourself.

Makes perfect sense to me now.

Sometimes suicide doesn't make sense. Many people have done it for reasons of avoiding the consequences of their actions. Let us suppose that he did do it, did he escape judgement?, depends on your beliefs on what happens after you die.

Actually, your answer depends on your belief, but what actually happens might be different.