UPS VP Suicide

over9five

Staff member
Hmm, I don't remember Steve Mcnair. Was he the sports guy whose girlfriend shot him?

I may have said that. I do believe that infidelity is unforgivable. I believe infidelity is the greatest treason. Seems like adequate punishment....

over9five

Staff member
Sometimes suicide doesn't make sense. Many people have done it for reasons of avoiding the consequences of their actions. Let us suppose that he did do it, did he escape judgement?, depends on your beliefs on what happens after you die.

Actually, your answer depends on your belief, but what actually happens might be different.

You may be right. My belief is that when you die, it's over. The end, finished, nothing else.

P

pickup

You may be right. My belief is that when you die, it's over. The end, finished, nothing else.

hmm, honest answer . So are you also an atheist or an agnostic? More than just curious

So that much being said, instead of bearing the pain of his infidelity, he might have subscribed to that same belief that it was preferable to meeting his end which is nothing as opposed to dealing losing his job, breakup of his marriage(I assumed he was married) and possible jail time

island1fox

hmm, honest answer . So are you also an atheist or an agnostic? More than just curious

So that much being said, instead of bearing the pain of his infidelity, he might have subscribed to that same belief that it was preferable to meeting his end which is nothing as opposed to dealing losing his job,

This post brings Bill Maher of HBO to mind.Bill has stated that if you believe in God or an Afterlife it is like believing in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.
I believe in an afterlife on faith alone.
If Bill is right --no big deal --if I am right ---Bill is screwed !!!!!:wink2:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
RIP, guy that I remember used to say he lost his integrity years ago and was spending an inordinate amount of time on here bragging about having "brown up day" and unloading trailers with other management and other drivel.......what was his name???? Oh well guess all that dishonesty finally caught him, always does in the end. At least now we can have some more topics that actually matter.:happy2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

So that much being said, instead of bearing the pain of his infidelity, he might have subscribed to that same belief that it was preferable to meeting his end which is nothing as opposed to dealing losing his job,

This post brings Bill Maher of HBO to mind.Bill has stated that if you believe in God or an Afterlife it is like believing in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.
I believe in an afterlife on faith alone.
If Bill is right --no big deal --if I am right ---Bill is screwed !!!!!:wink2:
What if you're both wrong? :surprised:

D

Dis-organized Labor

I believe you go to Hogdskins cach hub and become a $25. an hour, middle aged, overweight Admin guy that chain smokes and just sits staring at his computer that he doesn't know how to use!!

island1fox

What if you're both wrong? :surprised:

Jones,'
Did I miss something. Is what you stated the same as the definition of what "is -is" ?
With no mention of God or any religion --Catholic, Muslum, Protestant,Baptist,Hindu, Buddism,Jewish etc.

Just a simple statement --based on my faith I believe in an after life !!
--based on Bill Maher's beliefs there is NO after life.

Not coming down on anyone ---just very simple ---YES or No.
A maybe option does not count here --what did I miss ? :wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones,'
Did I miss something. Is what you stated the same as the definition of what "is -is" ?
With no mention of God or any religion --Catholic, Muslum, Protestant,Baptist,Hindu, Buddism,Jewish etc.

Just a simple statement --based on my faith I believe in an after life !!
--based on Bill Maher's beliefs there is NO after life.

Not coming down on anyone ---just very simple ---YES or No.
A maybe option does not count here --what did I miss ? :wink2:
Well, religion/atheism isn't an either/or question. If you pick the wrong religion, you're in the same boat as the guy who picks no religion. If the muslims are right (for instance), you won't get a break just because you believe in some form of afterlife, since you're not a muslim you'll go to same bad place as old Bill Maher the atheist. That's sort of what I was getting at. Most religions are pretty exclusive about who gets into the good place. That's one reason I like the quakers, even though I don't share their beliefs. They believe that there is no hell, god loves us all equally (sinners, saints, and atheists alike) because we are all his creations, and everybody will be saved.

island1fox

Jones,
I will try not to beat a dead horse..Good place --bad place whatever !!

AFTERLIFE OR NO AFTERLIFE. After that I agree we can talk about fire and brimstone or angels on clouds that look like 72 virgins !!:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones,
I will try not to beat a dead horse..Good place --bad place whatever !!

AFTERLIFE OR NO AFTERLIFE. After that I agree we can talk about fire and brimstone or angels on clouds that look like 72 virgins !!:happy-very:
Sorry, didn't realize you were asking me a question:happy2:.
No, I don't believe in an afterlife.

Well, religion/atheism isn't an either/or question. If you pick the wrong religion, you're in the same boat as the guy who picks no religion.
I'm not so sure that is true. If the muslims are right (for instance), you won't get a break just because you believe in some form of afterlife, since you're not a muslim you'll go to same bad place as old Bill Maher the atheist. That's sort of what I was getting at.
Since I have never read the Koran, I'm not real sure what it says about an afterlife. On the other hand atheists make it pretty clear that the believe the is no afterlife. Most religions are pretty exclusive about who gets into the good place.
Again, I'm not too sure that is a correct statement. Yes some do, but most? Of the different churches I have attended on a few have openly said this. That's one reason I like the quakers, even though I don't share their beliefs. They believe that there is no hell, god loves us all equally (sinners, saints, and atheists alike) because we are all his creations, ( I believe that) and everybody will be saved.( only those that do as He instructed)
You like what Quakers believe but you don't agree? You sound confused.
So to recap, it was said If Bill is right --no big deal --if I am right ---Bill is screwed, would be a correct statement. If Bill is right ,there is no afterlife, so nothing happens when you die and it is no big deal and religion is a waste of time(I've heard Maher say this).
If Pickup is right, there is an afterlife and Bill will more than likely not come out on the good side of that, i.e. he's screwed.

over9five

Staff member
So to recap, it was said If Bill is right --no big deal --if I am right ---Bill is screwed, would be a correct statement. If Bill is right ,there is no afterlife, so nothing happens when you die and it is no big deal and religion is a waste of time(I've heard Maher say this).
If Pickup is right, there is an afterlife and Bill will more than likely not come out on the good side of that, i.e. he's screwed.
Unless the Quakers are right, and everyone's ok!

over9five

Staff member
Not being religious, I don't know the answer to this, but....

Wouldn't God welcome all good people into Heaven, the believers and non-believers alike, because it was He who created them all and He who gave them all free will?

D

Dis-organized Labor

Should I be a Quaker?

Or maybe a Devil Quacker?

thumbnail.aspx

Wouldn't God welcome all good people into Heaven, the believers and non-believers alike, because it was He who created them all and He who gave them all free will?
Very good point, but that wasn't the question at hand. the IF's in these statements are larger than they appear.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

A decent and just god would. A god who wouldn't doesn't deserve to worshiped, imho.

tieguy

Banned

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when a suicide muslim asks god for his 72 virgins.:happy-very: