UPS VP Suicide

upsgrunt

Not being religious, I don't know the answer to this, but....

Wouldn't God welcome all good people into Heaven, the believers and non-believers alike, because it was He who created them all and He who gave them all free will?

The Bible says: "all who believe and are baptized, will be saved". With your statement, "all good people", where is the faith and dedication to the Lord? You don't just turn your Christianity on and off when it is convienient, or when your fate for eternity is at risk. I do believe that people on their deathbeds that weren't formerly saved can do so- God loves us that much.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Ah, so only robots can go to Heaven. No-one with independent thought allowed?

thumbnail.aspx
WARNING, WARNING.....

upsgrunt

Ah, so only robots can go to Heaven. No-one with independent thought allowed?

I don't know about the robot theory, but there has to be some accountability. You were given free will and free thought, not free reign. By the way, being a Christian does not mean you don't sin. It just means that you hold yourself to a higher level of acknowledging your sins and asking for forgiveness. I could be wrong, so don't think that I am the expert. All my information comes from the manual, if you know what I mean.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The Bible says: "all who believe and are baptized, will be saved". With your statement, "all good people", where is the faith and dedication to the Lord? You don't just turn your Christianity on and off when it is convienient, or when your fate for eternity is at risk. I do believe that people on their deathbeds that weren't formerly saved can do so- God loves us that much.
That goes back to my point about the wrong-believer being in the same boat as the non-believer. If christianity is the right choice, then muslims, buddhists, shintoists, animists, and everybody else are no better off than the atheists, despite having spent their whole lives devoutly believing in an afterlife. Conversely, if one of the other religions is right, christians are stuck in the bad place with all the other mistaken folk. When you consider there have been literally hundreds (if not thousands) of religions thoughout the course of human history, it's really a crap shoot. No matter which one you pick, the odds are against you.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not telling you what to believe; only what I believe. Take it or leave it-the info is there if you want it.
I wouldn't dream of telling you what to believe either, just sharing my own thoughts on the subject. Individuals should have the absolute right to believe or not believe whatever they choose without consequence as long as they do no harm to others.

island1fox

Sorry, didn't realize you were asking me a question:happy2:.
No, I don't believe in an afterlife.

Jones,
I really have no problem with you nor was I asking you a question.
I just stated what Bill Maher believes and what I believe. One of us has to be wrong --we both cannot be right ---totally opposite views:wink2: I can see from some of the other posts that we have confused people on who said what !!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jones,
I really have no problem with you nor was I asking you a question.
I just stated what Bill Maher believes and what I believe. One of us has to be wrong --we both cannot be right ---totally opposite views:wink2: I can see from some of the other posts that we have confused people on who said what !!
I agree that you can't both be right, but assuming that you have some specific religious beliefs (if I'm wrong about that, I apologize), it is entirely possible for you both to be wrong. That's what I was getting at when I stated "What if you're both wrong?"

island1fox

Jones,
You seem like a standup person --no need to apologize.
I really have some problems with "organized man made religions" --on that I could agree with Maher ----they have caused many problems .
But I do believe in some type of "Intelligent Design" Some people say God ---some people don't --none of can know for sure either way --its just a question of faith .

UPS Lifer

Right you? Are you a former Marine? I asked everyone at work last night if they knew whose birthday it was? Hardly anyone knew. I can say too much though. My math was wrong and I said they were 233 years old.

My son will tell you "Once a Marine.... always a Marine". There is no such thing as a former Marine.

I am the proud father of a Marine!:happybday