UPS vs Fed-Ex Stock

wyobill

The stock prices are the same. If you had a 100k, 5 years,How would you
invest it between the two companys?Who would win this horse race?:happy2:

sexyupsman

I would ONLY invest in UPS! Fed-Ex could close their doors today and I would never miss them! UPS is the leader in package delivery service! Go drivers!

FDX is still about 13% cheaper than UPS but you would expect that since UPS is a quality company and the dividend is 3% larger. That is if you believe in the earnings estimates.

sexyupsman

I have an excellent discount with UPS. Fed-Ex couldnt even touch the savings I am getting compared to their contract they wanted me to sign. We had FE for years until I met my driver and he convinced me that UPS was a better deal. I got great service, prices and my driver! What else could I ask for? Nothing!

Channahon

I would put my money on UPS, however, not the entire 100K
as a matter of diversifying. Probably purchase about $50K in UPS, and other 50K in CD's in today's economy.

As far as the horse race, I would put my money on UPS, as our stock has declined and trended with the market, FDX has lost more value than UPS.

FDX has announced large layoffs of Freight drivers, to the tune of 900 and although UPS has closed sorts, the majority of layoffs, are part time employees. I do think FDX will always has the NextDayAir market share, but if and when this recession is over, they just might focus their attention on their market share of air products.

So that would give UPS an opportunity to pick up their ground and freight business.

UPS has in the past gotten through the Depression and a previous recession in the 80's. And in my opinion, although sometimes painful, the cost saving initiatives, generally strengthen UPS's position financially.

UPS has always look at long range financial planning, and in consolidating regions and districts since the 90's, UPS has realized real estate, equipment and managment savings.

UPS will continue to look for long and short range financial success, and emerge from the recession as strong as it was before the financial meltdown. It's in our blood, and that would be brown blood. JMO

sexyupsman

I will put all my eggs in the reliable hands of UPS over FE any day! UPS has proven time and again that they are the leaders!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sexy, look out, your eggs are almost showing !!

Seriously, I can't read what you post because of your avatar.:knockedout:

evilleace

UPS not only because I work there but because I think the independent contractor form of business will eventually bite FX in the butt.

cancun

It was only a short time ago there was a $50 dollar difference between the two stocks, now the gap is dwon to about $2 dollar. That should say something about UPS weathering the storm.

It was only a short time ago there was a $50 dollar difference between the two stocks, now the gap is dwon to about $2 dollar. That should say something about UPS weathering the storm.

Pice doesn't mean value...FDX has always been cheaper than UPS.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Sexy, look out, your eggs are almost showing !!

Seriously, I can't read what you post because of your avatar.:knockedout:

I was thinking the same thing. We can put someone on ignore, right? If we can, I would hate to do that simply over an avatar, but damn, I can't take it anymore. And to be fair, I do not think it would be appropriate for a women, dressed and posed like that, to be an avatar either.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well as of right now are stocks are not performing at the same level. \
UPS: $39.97 a share declined today $0.97 which was a decline of 1.79%
FDX: $39.00 a share declined today $3.58 which was a decline of 8.41%

As you can see we apparently are in two different positions in our abillity to weather this storm. Remember the market places value on a companys curent value and its projected performance in the economy. FDX has also fallen farther in value over the last 52wks in comparison to UPS in both dollars and percentages.

So my money is on UPS remember we made it through 2 world wars and the great deppression.

I was thinking the same thing. We can put someone on ignore, right? If we can, I would hate to do that simply over an avatar, but damn, I can't take it anymore. And to be fair, I do not think it would be appropriate for a women dressed and posed like that to be an avatar either.

I third that.

pretzel_man

Well as of right now are stocks are not performing at the same level. \
UPS: $39.97 a share declined today $0.97 which was a decline of 1.79%
FDX: $39.00 a share declined today $3.58 which was a decline of 8.41%

As you can see we apparently are in two different positions in our abillity to weather this storm. Remember the market places value on a companys curent value and its projected performance in the economy. FDX has also fallen farther in value over the last 52wks in comparison to UPS in both dollars and percentages.

So my money is on UPS remember we made it through 2 world wars and the great deppression.

New legislation is proposed to alter the Railway Labor Act. This will make it easier to unionize FedEx.

That's why the market hit them today.

Of course, FedEx is claiming that this is unfair to them.

I think that if they become unionized, the long term winner is the Teamsters. Imagine the two biggest companies BOTH being teamsters.

Regardless of which one gains or loses volume, the work goes to a Teamster. I think this will help the union.

In the short term, it will also help UPS.

P-Man

bluehdmc

If I could only choose between the two, I would definetly put it all in UPS. UPS has much less debt than FedEx. All of FedEx's aquisition have been through leverage, then there is the subcontractor/tax problem hanging over them. Also the card check issue, when all these issues finally get settled FedEx is gonna have a BIG bill to pay. I think they are really gonna be in trouble then. I don't follow FedEx stock but if it's true that it is now less than UPS I'm surprised, when I first started at UPS a few yrs ago the stock advice was to buy FedEx over UPS, of course that was before the financial meltdown. Where's or from who is Fred gonna borrow money from now, especially since his buddy McCain didn't get elected?