UPS vs Fed-Ex Stock

wyobill

Certainly anyone that holds UPS stock does not want to see Fed -Ex outpace UPS in a bull market.

I want customers and investers siding with UPS when
comparing the two.

Let Fed - Ex become the K-Mart:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Originally Posted by rod
Awhile back someone was saying UPS stock would be over $60 by Memorial Day. I wonder if that bet is still on.:wink2:
That would be me and I am sticking by my prediction.

And how many shares have you bet based this prediction? It sounds like you have found a certain way to wealth and riches.

Don't get me wrong- I hope you are correct. (I sold all mine when it was anywhere from $75 to 80 bucks.) I'll bet you 5 bucks it isn't $60 or more by the end of trading on friday May 22.--- Mem. Day is the 25th). Are you on?:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
Who ever loses, UPSes the winner a beer. :funny:

Its easier to throw a 5 dollar bill in an envelope and let the winner buy their own beer. Send a can of beer by UPS? What do do think? I'm made out of money? Just for the heck of it I checked to see what a 2 lb. ground pkg would cost to send a 1000 miles (12 oz. can plus packing)-------$8.00 plus:surprised: Beside that it would be warm and shook up when it got there.

That would be me and I am sticking by my prediction.

The chart suggests we will see $60 before we see $50. (since Mar. 9 you see higher highs and higher lows except for the earnings hickup) And if you buy before Wednesday you will collect the dividend.

rod

Retired 22 years
To bad Dfigtree didn't take the bet (unless I hear from him by midnight tonight) . It was kind of dumb of me to not set a closing date for the bet until now.:peaceful:. How about it Dfigtree? or are you------------------

chicken sounds

Channahon

UPS dividend yield @ 3.29 as opposed to FedEx at .83, so I would rather get the dividend in today's market, than be concerned with the stock price.

The dividend amount for UPS over 12 months is 45 cents per share for $1.80 as compared to FedEx 11 cents per share or $.44 cents per share for 12 months.

Unless you are a day trader, and have a crystal ball, I'll keep taking .45 cents a share for the rest of the year. Thank you very much, UPS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS dividend yield @ 3.29 as opposed to FedEx at .83, so I would rather get the dividend in today's market, than be concerned with the stock price.

The dividend amount for UPS over 12 months is 45 cents per share for $1.80 as compared to FedEx 11 cents per share or $.44 cents per share for 12 months.

Unless you are a day trader, and have a crystal ball, I'll keep taking .45 cents a share for the rest of the year. Thank you very much, UPS.

Agreed.
A bird in hand is worth ... a lot more than Enron.

I'll be a buyer today at $54 (400 shares) will get a $180 dividend then probably sell some June $50 or $55 calls by weeks end.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If Fred doesn't keep his RLA exemption, look for FedEx stock to tank. The FAA Bill is back under consideration this week.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't get me wrong- I hope you are correct. (I sold all mine when it was anywhere from $75 to 80 bucks.) I'll bet you 5 bucks it isn't $60 or more by the end of trading on friday May 22.--- Mem. Day is the 25th). Are you on?:wink2:

I hate to sound like Ron Popiel but it isn't $60 bucks today - no its not $55 or even $50 ----today it is one easy payment of $49.65. Sure wish Dfigtree would of made that bet with me. Any takers for $60 on the the 4th of July ?:peaceful:

wyobill

I hate to sound like Ron Popiel but it isn't $60 bucks today - no its not $55 or even $50 ----today it is one easy payment of $49.65. Sure wish Dfigtree would of made that bet with me. Any takers for $60 on the the 4th of July ?:peaceful:

I would not take that bet on Dec 31 :happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I would not take that bet on Dec 31 :happy2:

I would expect a major jump in UPS stock as soon as the Senate(hopefully) ends the RLA exemption. Investors are going to be quick to see that the equalization of cost structures will increase UPS volumes. Fred has said that our costs would go up by 30%, which is probably inflated. That has to translate into higher rates or less service in the event he decides to eliminate employees instead of negotiating with the IBT.