UPS: Weather's been severe, but Class Is are missing the on-time mark regardless

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS: Weather's been severe, but Class Is are missing the on-time mark regardless - Progressive Railroading

The head of transportation for United Parcel Service (UPS) can sum up Class Is’ service performance for much of this year in one word: underwhelming. Although they got off to a good start in 2019’s first three weeks, the large railroads didn’t meet stringent on-time performance and availability requirements in the first half, says UPS Vice President of Corporate Transportation Ken Buenker.

The world’s biggest parcel delivery company, UPS is one of the largest users of intermodal rail services in North America. For each Class I, the company assigns a minimal acceptable result (MAR) of 95 percent reliability for on-time deliveries or outbound departures.

Since UPS’ package and freight forwarding business hinges on the delivery times promised to customers, its operations need to be carried out like clockwork, including the timely transportation of parcels by rail, truck or air.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS: Weather's been severe, but Class Is are missing the on-time mark regardless - Progressive Railroading

The head of transportation for United Parcel Service (UPS) can sum up Class Is’ service performance for much of this year in one word: underwhelming. Although they got off to a good start in 2019’s first three weeks, the large railroads didn’t meet stringent on-time performance and availability requirements in the first half, says UPS Vice President of Corporate Transportation Ken Buenker.

The world’s biggest parcel delivery company, UPS is one of the largest users of intermodal rail services in North America. For each Class I, the company assigns a minimal acceptable result (MAR) of 95 percent reliability for on-time deliveries or outbound departures.

Since UPS’ package and freight forwarding business hinges on the delivery times promised to customers, its operations need to be carried out like clockwork, including the timely transportation of parcels by rail, truck or air.
i dont think you know music like @Future does and he wont understand this article

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This is really nothing new. In our area we had problems all the time with the rail They couldn't even bring us empties on time for peak.