UPS weight issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paplo

So i ordered something that was around 3.8 lbs but when I tracked the shipment on ups.com it says the package weighs .1 lbs. Is this a common error? Thanks for your help

Paplo

I ordered something that was around 3.8 lbs but when I tracked the shipment on ups.com it says the package weighs .1 lbs. What's wrong? Is this a common problem?

(I know i posted this earlier but I don't know where to find it after i accidentally x it out.)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As long as you get your package on time and are not charged extra why would this be an issue?

Now, if you did pay for the 3.8 lbs and the package does only weight .1 lb, you need to call the shipper and ask for a refund for the difference in shipping. You can use our tool on ups.com to figure out the difference between a 1 and 4 lb package. (UPS rounds up)

Paplo

As long as you get your package on time and are not charged extra why would this be an issue?

Now, if you did pay for the 3.8 lbs and the package does only weight .1 lb, you need to call the shipper and ask for a refund for the difference in shipping. You can use our tool on ups.com to figure out the difference between a 1 and 4 lb package. (UPS rounds up)
I know for a fact that the item weighs 3.8 lbs but UPS says the package weighs .1

oldngray

nowhere special
Is this a common problem?

Its not a "problem". Shippers often only have estimated shipping weights on their websites and nothing to get upset about.

Not unless there is a huge difference and you end up getting charged more but that would be between you and the shipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.