UPS worker kicks package on video

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm lucky if my loader gets wrapped up on time let alone checking to see if I have a two wheeler. The load was so bad yesterday I was calling the bulk head door "the gates of hell."
Just a thought, if you and the other drivers she loads for complain loudly and lot to manangement...they'll probably move her to another pull..if for no other reason.than to shut you all up ;) I've seen it happen enough.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just a thought, if you and the other drivers she loads for complain loudly and lot to manangement...they'll probably move her to another pull..if for no other reason.than to shut you all up ;) I've seen it happen enough.

Are you drinking what Austin is drinking?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are you drinking what Austin is drinking?
I'm serious...at least once year they move a whiner (not calling you a whiner, Joe) onto my pull and I'm told to make him happy and shut him up....load wise...lol. I just got a new one last month. The problem is....after a few months... they move the whiner's route again....but this.guy will have a decent peak with me, at least.

LKLND3380

I'm lucky if my loader gets wrapped up on time let alone checking to see if I have a two wheeler. The load was so bad yesterday I was calling the bulk head door "the gates of hell."

What was the start time? Nothing like coming in at 4:30 and having the pt sup say the volume is heavier than we expected so work hard and don't stack out...

Is this your regular loader and how long have they been doing your route? There are tricks to loading but they are specific to each route and driver. There really needs to be communication with the driver and loader. "Don't load airs, put them all in a tote" "Don't load __________________ on the 3000 shelf, put it RDR and place all the envelopes in a tote." It's not the drivers job to train a loader but with these seasonals coming in, don't count on the belt supe.

There are some clowns on the preload... Seven years ago a guy across from me sat on some packages stacked between his cars and watched packages go down the belt. I forgot what he was pissed about, maybe he was getting hit with bulk for two of his cars. The guy at the end of the belt, five cars down was yelling for him to pull his work because it was piling up down there. Every day was something with him and he would stop the belt... Stacked out and packages all over, the belt supe would tell him "go ahead and go, your drivers are here." I don't remember if he was fired or quit but a couple months after he left we heard he died. I think it was drug related and that probably explains some of his behaviors.

joeboodog

She has been misloading for at least four month (she started when I was out on disability) and her loads have been getting progressively worse. I tried talking to her about her load quality and she made it clear that if I didn't like the way she does her job I am to talk to her supervisor. Her attitude is crap and her loads are worse. I try to be a good, supportive, driver to my loaders but I am done with her crap.

twoweeled

It must be a slow news day. The driver rolled that package but that is less than what packages get normally going through the system. Anyone remember the old rule where packages were supposed to be packed well enough to withstand being dropped from waist height?

I often do we see a package doing this exact same thing on a belt, because it's too steep until a package rolls up behind it, to stop the tumbling. But this video is out in public. That driver is done! too bad.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
She has been misloading for at least four month (she started when I was out on disability) and her loads have been getting progressively worse. I tried talking to her about her load quality and she made it clear that if I didn't like the way she does her job I am to talk to her supervisor. Her attitude is crap and her loads are worse. I try to be a good, supportive, driver to my loaders but I am done with her crap.
She sounds like a real :censored2:.That's when you drag your center manager to your truck at the end of the sort and start pointing out stuff...especially unsafe crap..like the idiots who put overweights down the.middle.on top of each other.

twoweeled

If the bad load results in a loss of production, Your sup will get involved. You let your sup know what the problem is. Either your sup will accept your loss of production, or he'll talk to the loader. That's he's problem, not yours. It'll take some time, but continue the loss of production. Your sup will talk to her sup eventually. May take about 3 weeks. Your sup will wait you out for awhile. Of course when that problem gets solved, You've gotta kick production back to where it was!
it's been awhile since I've been in package, but it use to work before!
good luck.

Last edited:

joeboodog

If the bad load results in a loss of production, Your sup will get involved. You let your sup know what the problem is. Either your sup will accept your loss of production, or he'll talk to the loader. That's he's problem, not yours. It'll take some time, but continue the loss of production. Your sup will talk to her sup eventually. May take about 3 weeks. Your sup will wait you out for awhile. Of course when that problem gets solved, You've gotta kick production back to where it was!
it's been awhile since I've been in package, but it use to work before!
good luck.

Management is well aware of the low quality of her efforts but are unwilling to do anything about it.

twoweeled

Maybe he should have delivered it on his way home in his personal vehicle--off the clock like someone we know does.

Memories. I NEVER understood the sense behind working for free. That was one of the most disgusting things, I EVER saw drivers do. Not only sickening, but idiotic. Mmmm, shall I work and get paid, or shall I work for free? Sorry, but I gotta go for that "getting paid" option.

LKLND3380

I don't know if you are union or if she is union but I would get the stewards involved before the supes or center manager. Teamster Oath "...I WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM A FELLOW MEMBER..." If she is not a Teamster then it's no holds barred