UPS worker killed in accident at Centennial Hub

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS worker killed in accident at Centennial Hub - Louisville Business First

A mechanic at United Parcel Service Inc. was killed in the early morning hours on Wednesday in an accident at Centennial Hub.

Details are limited, but Jim Mayer, public relations manager with UPS, said the employee was a mechanic who repaired sorting equipment at 8100 Air Commerce Drive.

The company issued this statement via Mayer:

“A mechanic working in our Centennial ground hub in Louisville was fatally injured at about 4:30 this morning. This is a tragic situation, and we offer our deepest condolences to the employee’s family at this difficult time. Safety is one of our core values at UPS, and we are working with relevant authorities to determine what happened.”

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is horrible.

The death of younger inexperienced maintenance mechanics at UPS seems to be an all too frequent headline in “The Latest UPS Headlines” Forum.

I wonder if anyone in Corporate is noticing this trend and if so, will they deal with the deficiencies in the Plant Engineering Management Safety oversight and accountability that in my opinion is at the root of this horrific trend.

11.19igrad

This is horrible.

The death of younger inexperienced maintenance mechanics at UPS seems to be an all too frequent headline in “The Latest UPS Headlines” Forum.

I wonder if anyone in Corporate is noticing this trend and if so, will they deal with the deficiencies in the Plant Engineering Management Safety oversight and accountability that in my opinion is at the root of this horrific trend.
nope