UPS Worker Says She Was Fired Over COVID-19 Quarantine

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS Worker Says She Was Fired Over COVID-19 Quarantine - Law 360

A former UPS Inc. employee said she was illegally fired for taking two weeks off in order to quarantine after she fell sick during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in California state court.

Susan Ramirez said she fell ill and was required by her doctor to quarantine for 14 days due to the pandemic but that UPS, her employer at the time, discriminated against her on the basis of medical leave by illegally firing her, according to the 12-page complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Ramirez also claims UPS failed to provide her with legally-required meal breaks and failed to pay her premiums for missed breaks, according to the suit. Nor did UPS pay her for all overtime hours and wages due at the time of her termination, Ramirez said.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
If she's the same one who was throwing a tantrum in the comments over at the site where I like to stare at my checks...

Good riddance.

She went out on the quarantine and didn't come back.
Then when she decided to come back and was disciplined, she screamed harassment for not taking breaks.

Changingtimes99

UPS Worker Says She Was Fired Over COVID-19 Quarantine - Law 360

A former UPS Inc. employee said she was illegally fired for taking two weeks off in order to quarantine after she fell sick during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in California state court.

Susan Ramirez said she fell ill and was required by her doctor to quarantine for 14 days due to the pandemic but that UPS, her employer at the time, discriminated against her on the basis of medical leave by illegally firing her, according to the 12-page complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Ramirez also claims UPS failed to provide her with legally-required meal breaks and failed to pay her premiums for missed breaks, according to the suit. Nor did UPS pay her for all overtime hours and wages due at the time of her termination, Ramirez said.
Did she follow protocol and provide the required documentation ? If so she definitely has a case.