35years

Gravy route
UPS workers claim holiday disaster looms as they threaten to strike

UPS workers claim holiday disaster looms as they threaten to strike

• UPS aircraft mechanics are threatening to strike during the busy holiday shipping season
  • The workers are launching a national advertising campaign to fight what they are calling "massive reductions" to their health care benefits
  • UPS says customers "remain in good hands" during the holiday season and notes that workers cannot strike unless they are released from negotiations by the National Mediation Board

35years

Gravy route
Just wondering if this is part of the reason for daily late air.

All the mechanics have to do is do their work "perfectly" and it would produce huge problems.

Don't mess with pilots or aircraft mechanics

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
All the mechanics have to do is do their work "perfectly" and it would produce huge problems.
Yep , exactly. Huge problems would happen too if every driver took an hour lunch just for one day..maybe they are just taking lunch to cause disruptions lol

Last edited:

JL 0513

It's already a disaster. Late air everyday and we don't receive it on road until after noon requiring us to retrace the last 3 hours of area we just did.

It's a complete disgrace that UPS hasn't dumped every resource into this inadequate air network that's had problems all year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's already a disaster. Late air everyday and we don't receive it on road until after noon requiring us to retrace the last 3 hours of area we just did.

It's a complete disgrace that UPS hasn't dumped every resource into this inadequate air network that's had problems all year.
It's embarrassing how some of the air operations are ran.

I've stood around for 45 minutes waiting for someone to come unload a can. I've also seen them put 4 unloaders in a can while two guys try to scan and load two trucks.

Guess what those 4 guys can unload and stack all they want. Isn't moving any faster when I'm shutting the belt off every 10 ft.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm gonna have to agree with that this year.

I'd be shocked if we aren't rolling packages next week.
We are so under staffed it isn't funny. Apparently we have 3 less seasonal drivers than we did last year, and our center is down to 1 on road sup when last year we had 3 so the seasonal drivers will have almost zero on road training. Last year we were rolling packages every day and we barely got cleaned up by Christmas Eve. It's gonna be a loooooooooong month :(

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are so under staffed it isn't funny. Apparently we have 3 less seasonal drivers than we did last year, and our center is down to 1 on road sup when last year we had 3 so the seasonal drivers will have almost zero on road training. Last year we were rolling packages every day and we barely got cleaned up by Christmas Eve. It's gonna be a loooooooooong month :(
Yep we only hired 2 seasonals and we only had a couple of people on vacation this past week and still struggled.

rod

Retired 22 years
Part of winning a work stoppage is getting the support of the public.

Good luck explaining to them why Santa Brown aint gonna make it this year

Screw the public---they aren't the ones putting up with UPS bull :censored2: or are being affected by the contract language. Public support is nice but not necessary. It boils down to you against management and visa versa. If you think the public cares that you are out there at 7-8-9 o'clock at night you are mistaken. All they want is their bag of dog food they were too lazy to buy at the local store.

TheDick

Sound like fdx or the kgb interfering in our business. Propaganda. Yes this peak will suck more than others, u might as well go for 14 hours monday the week of xmas to not get forced into Saturday or Sunday driving.

vvv

Screw the public---they aren't the ones putting up with UPS bull :censored2: or are being affected by the contract language. Public support is nice but not necessary. It boils down to you against management and visa versa. If you think the public cares that you are out there at 7-8-9 o'clock at night you are mistaken. All they want is their bag of dog food they were too lazy to buy at the local store.

Rod........thank you for keeping it simple and straightforward. I could CARE LESS what these idiots think. Overloaded with work for years, disrespected, work conditions, overall physicality, and so on.

You are right......us against them and nothing more!!

When I have 4-6 office bitches sitting around at many many stops gossiping all day at their desk and playing on their cell phones, eating, taking hourly cigarette breaks and basically doing nothing constructive.......ya I'm gonna worry about what people like them think.

brownIEman

That laziness on the part of the public is what is paying the big paychecks and the benefits and the pensions and every thing else. Your contempt is misplaced.

Rack em

Made the Podium
That laziness on the part of the public is what is paying the big paychecks and the benefits and the pensions and every thing else. Your contempt is misplaced.
I don't care what anyone says, if you are ordering your groceries, dog food, paper towels, etc. then you are lazy. There were Ups drivers that weren't delivering this crap to lazy people before and they still made a fat paycheck with even better benefits and a better pension.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don't care what anyone says, if you are ordering your groceries, dog food, paper towels, etc. then you are lazy. There were Ups drivers that weren't delivering this crap to lazy people before and they still made a fat paycheck with even better benefits and a better pension.
The pantry stuff is understandable for some people. I've considered doing it myself. I'm gone 12 hours per day and too burned out to do anything during the week. They often ruin my Saturdays too. I don't have time to buy stuff like that.

Though I'd be in the minority. Yes, most are just lazy and don't have that kind of problem as they get off work at 4:30 or are housewives who don't work anyway.