UPS workers report that UPS' coronavirus preparations are woefully inadequate or nonexistent.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
WOW!
That really surprises me. LOL

UPS Press Release:
“UPS places the utmost emphasis on the safety of our employees, especially as we work through this coronavirus pandemic.

Here at Worldport, we are taking numerous extra steps to safeguard our workers. We are adding additional shuttles at Worldport to allow for more distancing, we have enhanced shuttle cleaning procedures, and we are looking at alternate drive paths to minimize the amount of time employees spend on the trams. We have enhanced cleaning of our employee entrances, break rooms and other common areas.

Companywide, we continue to educate employees about good public health practices, most importantly frequent hand washing, as well as CDC guidance that it’s very unlikely to be infected by handling boxes.

This is a fluid situation, and we continue to look at practices and policies to enhance the well-being of UPS people as they move critical shipments that save lives and livelihoods during this crisis.”

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Knothead

Yep.
“It’s safe to say that, thanks to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, most of you are reading this at home, having willingly separated yourself from other people, from the activities you enjoy, from regular showers”

Who isn’t showering because of coronavirus?!?!?!
That one made me scratch my head too. Then I remembered that I shouldn't.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
UPS is always going to say your safety is your responsibility ... OMJ

UPS Press Release:
How UPS is responding to the Coronavirus

In the wake of the Coronavirus, our highest priority is to do our part to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and suppliers while meeting our service commitments.

Here’s what you can expect from us:

• Constant monitoring of our air and ground networks to address potential sources of disruption in our air and ground networks.
  • Compliance with all government regulations and health safety and guidelines related to the containment of Coronavirus.
  • Careful guidance and information being provided to our staff across the globe to review the best ways to prevent the spread of infection, based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These include:
    • Cleaning your hands often. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
    • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
    • Cover coughs and sneezes.
    • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
    • Stay home if you are sick, unless you seek medical care.
    • Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
    • If a UPS employee experiences symptoms such as fever or respiratory infection, they are required to seek medical treatment immediately.
  • Ability to track your deliveries on UPS.com, where available, you can sign up for UPS My Choice. With the free UPS My Choice, you can tell your UPS driver where to leave your deliveries, redirect your deliveries to another address, and receive notifications on when to expect your deliveries from UPS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
“It’s safe to say that, thanks to the COVID-19 Coronavirus, most of you are reading this at home, having willingly separated yourself from other people, from the activities you enjoy, from regular showers”

Who isn’t showering because of coronavirus?!?!?!
It ain't Saturday night yet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS is always going to say your safety is your responsibility ... OMJ

UPS Press Release:
How UPS is responding to the Coronavirus

In the wake of the Coronavirus, our highest priority is to do our part to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and suppliers while meeting our service commitments.

Here’s what you can expect from us:

• Constant monitoring of our air and ground networks to address potential sources of disruption in our air and ground networks.
  • Compliance with all government regulations and health safety and guidelines related to the containment of Coronavirus.
  • Careful guidance and information being provided to our staff across the globe to review the best ways to prevent the spread of infection, based on guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO) and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These include:
    • Cleaning your hands often. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
    • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
    • Cover coughs and sneezes.
    • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
    • Stay home if you are sick, unless you seek medical care.
    • Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
    • If a UPS employee experiences symptoms such as fever or respiratory infection, they are required to seek medical treatment immediately.
  • Ability to track your deliveries on UPS.com, where available, you can sign up for UPS My Choice. With the free UPS My Choice, you can tell your UPS driver where to leave your deliveries, redirect your deliveries to another address, and receive notifications on when to expect your deliveries from UPS.
And it is but the facilities and the trucks are complete cesspools. If they want to pay drivers and preloaders 3-4 hours per day to clean everything fine. If not they need to hire someone

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Hopefully more press can be put to exposing them for the frauds that they are. Our hubs are filthy and disgusting. Our trucks never get cleaned. Inside our out anymore. They have a lady going around with a mop and squeegee to clean our windsheilds6 (I kid you not) nothing available to sanitize our trucks. I hope they get exposed finally for what they are.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Hopefully more press can be put to exposing them for the frauds that they are. Our hubs are filthy and disgusting. Our trucks never get cleaned. Inside our out anymore. They have a lady going around with a mop and squeegee to clean our windsheilds6 (I kid you not) nothing available to sanitize our trucks. I hope they get exposed finally for what they are.
UPS employees exposure is nothing compared to the police force.
In all probability, when this is over, 50% of Americans will have contracted the disease with maybe 5% showing any symptoms and maybe 1% considered themselves feeling 'sick'.
Whatever the case, after this is over, we all will have learned something from this, and IMO, it will be that we overreacted once again.

With that said, I am sheltering in place in my basement. o_O

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
My main question is.....do viruses living on steel jump off the steel onto packages, then as the package is carried jump off the package to the hand of a delivery man, after which it then gets rubbed on his face and infects him? Or am I being irrational....

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
UPS employees exposure is nothing compared to the police force.
In all probability, when this is over, 50% of Americans will have contracted the disease with maybe 5% showing any symptoms and maybe 1% considered themselves feeling 'sick'.
Whatever the case, after this is over, we all will have learned something from this, and IMO, it will be that we overreacted once again.

With that said, I am sheltering in place in my basement. o_O

I could not agree more on the over reaction part. This is like a bad movie out here anymore.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
True but do we hunker down like this every flu season from now on? The flu has been far more deadly worldwide.
It’s not the flu. Italy just had over 600 people die on Friday. Ever here that from the flu? That’s one country, one day, think about it.