UPS & YRC

What's going on with terrific Thursday? You know I keep hearing rumors and running into guys who are asking is their any validity to big brown buying yellow roadway. Is this just a rumor or not? I've searched the Internet and found nothing.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What's going on with terrific Thursday? You know I keep hearing rumors and running into guys who are asking is their any validity to big brown buying yellow roadway. Is this just a rumor or not? I've searched the Internet and found nothing.

Before they bought Overnite, and turned it into UPS Freight, they had thought about YRC and ABF.

ABF would not sell and YRC's finances were pisspoor, and still are.

I have a family member who has the misfortune for working with YRC for 29 years and want to come join our team but I don't know what direction to give him. I don't think his time would be grandfathered in even though we're all in the same union. So, what's the one year plus one day rule on that?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I see plenty of new equipment on the freight boys. That's corporate's golden egg right now

We used their new Volvo's a few years back and they were nice.

I'm guessing some of the old timers drive the beaters because they don't want automatics in their tractors...we have guys who would rather have their old 269xxx tractors back instead of something brand new for that same reason...that and all the collision avoidance stuff beeping.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We used their new Volvo's a few years back and they were nice.

I'm guessing some of the old timers drive the beaters because they don't want automatics in their tractors...we have guys who would rather have their old 269xxx tractors back instead of something brand new for that same reason...that and all the collision avoidance stuff beeping.
I was training a new shifter the other day and we were in one of the shiny new tractors and it was like being in the space shuttle compared to the POS I learned on.

barnyard

KTM rider
If UPS were going to buy YRC, they would have done it when they were trading under $1/share.
The OPs relative is better off staying where he/she is at.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It's true. I've seen the paperwork.

From the documents I read it looks good on paper. We will have to wait and see.

@Indecisi0n has seen the paper work on this.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
th