UPSdate flyer

Ron Carey lives on

Well my fearless leader Jimmy Hoffa tells me this "an excellent contract". " 36 month progression for new drivers". "4 years seniority drivers will be eligible for 9.5 rights. To avoid the company from making such adjustments to Union upsers, like they did management, they decided to move ups teamsters into new plans. Why a month after the implication of the contract, are they are still trying to sell this lemon. Is it because opposition is mounting? Worried about 2016? Hoffas own people jumping ship?

Sent using BrownCafe App

upschuck

They are not selling anything. They are trying to explain it to people, some of which probably didn't know there was a new contract, what was in it.

You can do one of two things:
either whine, pout, complain how bad you got it, woe is me for the next 4 years
or make the best of it and use what is in it for the betterment of the whole.
The choice is yours.

WESLA

It is what it is
They are not selling anything. They are trying to explain it to people, some of which probably didn't know there was a new contract, what was in it.

The choice is yours.
Right on upschuck. Love it or hate it, it's still the new language.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Well my fearless leader Jimmy Hoffa tells me this "an excellent contract". " 36 month progression for new drivers". "4 years seniority drivers will be eligible for 9.5 rights. To avoid the company from making such adjustments to Union upsers, like they did management, they decided to move ups teamsters into new plans. Why a month after the implication of the contract, are they are still trying to sell this lemon. Is it because opposition is mounting? Worried about 2016? Hoffas own people jumping ship?

Sent using BrownCafe App
If you don't like the working conditions then why don't you just leave? Please do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sent using BrownCafe App
48 month progression. If you can't even get the negatives right why would anyone pay attention to what you have to say?

Ron Carey lives on

Oh im doing something about it, don't worry about that. The most important thing to do is enforce the contract. Evidently you guys haven't been to a state panel or J.A.C grievance hearing lately. It is stacked with hoffa cronies who just got through eating breakfast with the company side, and have already decided the horse trading they are going to do. Im talking ironclad sup working grievance, researched, investigated, and documented. Not just sups working grievances, extra work, part time seniority, pay rates, harassment. You side line quarterbacks go get you some of those panels, be well spoken dress nice, adress the panel respectively, and watch how much Ups controls those panels. What im going to do about it, is campaign for anyone else but hoffa and hall every time I get a chance. You can sure tell a corporate lawyer negotiated for our side on this glorious contract, thank God its his last one

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Point being enforce, learn, try to get a reasonable settlement locally. The panels are a joke. Name some officials that aren't hoffa cronies sitting in that co chair seats in the central region. The last one I knew of got demoted and kicked out of the J.A.C

Sent using BrownCafe App

The choice is yours.

Option 3.
Get ready and educate yourself and all those around you for the next contract so that maybe 5 years will be enough to get folks to stick together nationally.

upschuck

Oh im doing something about it, don't worry about that. The most important thing to do is enforce the contract. Evidently you guys haven't been to a state panel or J.A.C grievance hearing lately. It is stacked with hoffa cronies who just got through eating breakfast with the company side, and have already decided the horse trading they are going to do. Im talking ironclad sup working grievance, researched, investigated, and documented. Not just sups working grievances, extra work, part time seniority, pay rates, harassment. You side line quarterbacks go get you some of those panels, be well spoken dress nice, adress the panel respectively, and watch how much Ups controls those panels. What im going to do about it, is campaign for anyone else but hoffa and hall every time I get a chance. You can sure tell a corporate lawyer negotiated for our side on this glorious contract, thank God its his last one

Sent using BrownCafe App
Each grievance should be determined on their own merits. No trading off.

Ron Carey lives on

Heres a crazy idea (termination hearings held separate) bread and butter issues separate. So Big Mo representing the union can't say "Mr. Company co chair sir, I will give you 6 sups working grievance s under " act of "God", if give Billy Bob his job back with no back pay, for that "other serious offense" passing gas in the same center as a supervisor, please sir. I know we still owe you for bailing our pensions out, but I got to show them something

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The panels are a joke. Name some officials that aren't hoffa cronies sitting in that co chair seats in the central region. The last one I knew of got demoted and kicked out of the J.A.C.

Really.... who is that ??

Heres a crazy idea (termination hearings held separate) bread and butter issues separate.

They are separate issues.

Sounds like you lost a grievance.... you thought.... you should have won.

Welcome to the club.

Grievances and termination cases, are not "traded".

-Bug-

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Option 3.
Get ready and educate yourself and all those around you for the next contract so that maybe 5 years will be enough to get folks to stick together nationally.

C'mon, cach, you damned well know that "reasonable thought" won't fly around here.