UPSers Against Human Trafficking

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I have personally physically asualted women beater off the clock when I was not even 18 after I saw him hit a woman in a public location. I waited for the police, explained what happens and was told I did the right thing and to be on my way.
If it had been a smaller guy instead of a woman, would you have still stepped in?

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I can see you're not offended by the topic, you're just one of the idiots who bitches about everything.

It was a freaking 3 minute PCM. That's the program. If you don't have the attention span to cram that in your head, well, I don't know what to tell you. It's refreshing to me when we do something that has a seriously chance of helping someone. 150,000 service providers in the US. Lots of opportunity to help someone.
Looks like you got told by a bunch of drivers...

35years

Gravy route
Do you know why truckers are being targeted for this campaign?

The truth of the matter is that truckers are often the problem when it comes to human trafficking.

There is a truck stop near my route. It is so incredibly sad.
Prostitutes go from truck to truck. Many girls are forced into this at 14 years old.

As a father it makes me want to beat the crap out of those vile truckers.

Prostitution is not a victim-less crime!!!
Dear, sweet, Jesus have mercy on us.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
I always think it's sketchy when I see a big stuffed animal in a trucks passenger seat. Is he trying to attract children? Some of our guys have them too...

CleverNameHere

Anyone who has survived a while at UPS and especially as a driver should have the smarts and instincts to know and report something too "off." Just an example of managements refusal to empathize with drivers as being human beings with our own heads on our shoulders. And watch...

Inevitably someone will witness a scene where they need to actively engage to stop an immediate threat to a minor/woman/etc.. Because the police cannot realistically show up like clockwork. Real fact. Should that driver get hurt or have to hurt someone else to prevent a greater crime UPS will wash their hands of it as much as possible. It's just one more straw to throw on the camels breaking back.

I regret some things in life but one of them is NOT getting out of driving. 100k a year even... Not worth it, suck it. Double or triple that and we might have a deal. And top scale 18 months not 4 years. I would rather not lose the 15 years or more of life that 30+ years of package car in its current state demands.

It is so sad how great the job would be if it relaxed standards a bit, if the company would have less greed. Hire more drivers, if every larger center hired like 6 more drivers more often... Every day would be in the BOG as yall say here. Less mental and physical stress, happier customers, more happiness and family/personal time for all in life. And the fat cats would lose what...a quarter annually tops, of what it cost for them to implement mentally impaired ideas like ORION. Yeah, now we have to play law enforcement on top of everything. Eff. That.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Wait so you are retired? And you're on here complaining about stuff that doesn't even involve you?
Yep. Its therapeutic after dealing with it for 30 years quietly . What I find amusing is current workers leaving work for the day and then coming here and continuing the bitching