UPSer's, daylight until 5:27pm now

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Hello Gumby! I'm in the PNW. Worked career at UPS. Retired at 49. Been retired almost 3-years now. Really enjoying life after Big Brown. You got a great life ahead of you when it's all said & done. I read your posts on here. Don't worry. It'll be fantastic after it's over. :)

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
How many surgeries have you had ?
Zero injuries entire career. Two accidents. (No injuries), worked PT first part of career so didn't make Circle of Honor but made it 22-years safe driver.

Supervisor did stop me on road and said have you ever pinched your finger or scraped yourself where you bled? I said, well yeah I have but nothing requiring first aid. He said he was going to document in my records I don't turn in injuries. I told him do what you need to do. Yet, nope. I retired in great condition. Still doing good. Vacationed & loved life first 2-years without watching weight and gained a good amount but worked off 21lbs since Christmas now and still focusing on losing more. I don't want to be a 3-5 year retiree. Like to make it into my 60's.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I despise time changes and working in the dark. Sun sets at 6:12 right now in the Atlanta area, its getting better to reach my goal of not delivering in the dark.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hello Gumby! I'm in the PNW. Worked career at UPS. Retired at 49. Been retired almost 3-years now. Really enjoying life after Big Brown. You got a great life ahead of you when it's all said & done. I read your posts on here. Don't worry. It'll be fantastic after it's over. :)
You can't help but read his posts on here. 9 out of 10 are his.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

The darkness especially sucks when you’re a split driver. When you have your own route not that big a deal. Depressing, but easily manageable. I had a whole system of flashlights when I was a split driver. What a pain in the arse that was. I had the headband flashlight so I didn’t trip walking up to the house. And the big flashlight to look for house numbers.

rod

Retired 22 years
The darkness sucks when you’re a split driver. When you have your own route not that big a deal. Depressing, but easily manageable

I could tell you how tough we had it back in the old days but it would be unbelievable to the young whipper snappers today.