Upset courier

vantexan

I mean, they'll get their cost of living adjustment, 3% or something. And for what 3/4 of these topped out people do these days, that's more than enough compensation.
Where is it written that they're guaranteed an annual 3% raise? FedEx got a union scare in the late 90's so they came up with some serious pay adjustments to keep the senior couriers happy. Everyone who followed had to do without to pay for those adjustments. Guess what? They're giving newhires an incentive to stay this time around. And as they always take from one group to placate another don't be shocked if they tell topped out couriers they make plenty already.

Serf

Management asked all full time couriers with 25 yrs + if they were interested in dropping down to part time last year. The ones with wives who made good money acted on it. The one's that weren't interested magically work 35-40 hours a week now. They used to have carte blanche. Sign up on a Saturday to work all OT. 50 hrs a week, the norm. Now they have targets on them. And they are just the guys who get all the vacation in the summer months, the week between Christmas and New Years, and the day after Thanksgiving.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Management asked all full time couriers with 25 yrs + if they were interested in dropping down to part time last year. The ones with wives who made good money acted on it. The one's that weren't interested magically work 35-40 hours a week now. They used to have carte blanche. Sign up on a Saturday to work all OT. 50 hrs a week, the norm. Now they have targets on them. And they are just the guys who get all the vacation in the summer months, the week between Christmas and New Years, and the day after Thanksgiving.
Ha! They WISH they could do that at my station. They're begging people every day to do PM routes and work Saturday. All our managers have been delivering the last two days.

Serf

Ha! They WISH they could do that at my station. They're begging people every day to do PM routes and work Saturday. All our managers have been delivering the last two days.
That's great. We have America's most wanted coming in every 2 weeks off the street as new hires. It's like the movie: "Enemy at the Gates." In the battle of Stalingrad. One guy gets a rifle, the other gets the bullets, when one dies, the other is to pick up the rifle or ammo and continue to deliver. All FT routes cut to the bone.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That's great. We have America's most wanted coming in every 2 weeks off the street as new hires. It's like the movie: "Enemy at the Gates." In the battle of Stalingrad. One guy gets a rifle, the other gets the bullets, when one dies, the other is to pick up the rifle or ammo and continue to deliver. All FT routes cut to the bone.
They had a district job fair recently. Ten potentials for our station. Only two passed drug test. Lol.

!Retired!

The only difference between a 2 and 10 year courier should be the number of vacation weeks.
I disagree. There's no reason a courier shouldn't put in their time before 'topping out'. How much time? That's not for me to say. BTW...there really isn't a top out at FedEx.
I see...still new to site.I don't know..anyone saying 2-4 years is a realistic time to top out...I can't think of another job where an employee tops out in that time frame.
A UPS driver can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe UPS tops out in 3 years. The difference is once they top out, they don't get a raise until there's a new contract saying so.

McFeely

Huge Member
Ha! They WISH they could do that at my station. They're begging people every day to do PM routes and work Saturday.

Same at my station. Funny thing is, aside from Saturdays, they have nobody they can schedule to work their day off since they got rid of all the 4-10 routes. Now when we have too much work, we just hear about how many lates we had.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I disagree. There's no reason a courier shouldn't put in their time before 'topping out'. How much time? That's not for me to say. BTW...there really isn't a top out at FedEx.

A UPS driver can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe UPS tops out in 3 years. The difference is once they top out, they don't get a raise until there's a new contract saying so.
It takes a new driver four years to reach top pay.We also get raises every year and some years the raises are split up half on Aug.1 the other half on Feb.1

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

They top out in four and their contract outlines yearly raises.

Gone fishin

Ups makes good money,but they have to spend most of their lives in their truck. I had to do that for a while. I defintely wouldn't work there and would rather make less and live my life

optikz

they top out in 4 and they get around $1 every year.