UPSPAC

ifreak

Can upper management please stop showing the slide which states that all contributions to UPSPAC are voluntary, then proceeding to hound me with e-mails as if my job depends on whether or not I choose give to UPSPAC? Good god, just say it’s mandatory for all management employees to give at least $X to UPSPAC and be done with it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Can upper management please stop showing the slide which states that all contributions to UPSPAC are voluntary, then proceeding to hound me with e-mails as if my job depends on whether or not I choose give to UPSPAC? Good god, just say it’s mandatory for all management employees to give at least $X to UPSPAC and be done with it.
C’mon man we need team players

Don't forget about the United Way also

DiadesSuk

lol I was about to say, Union employees cant talk :censored2: in this post lol.. Btw, they know exactly who hasn't contributed.. down the the ADID to log in.. Gut feeling says between UPSPAC/Unitedway and stock, if you arent invovled in those, you're basically setting yourself up to be let go as you're deemed a non participant. It's a list YOU DONT want to be on during your career at UPS.

DiadesSuk

I find it am,using ever year, I donate the bare minimum.. Used to be a $1.. Now they've moved that to $25.. Great so I can fund Carol's attempt to virtue signal. Dirty :censored2:..

542thruNthru

Emails.... We're talking emails here?

Please I wish all I got was emails. We're brought in one at a time with management to get the hard sale/intimidation pitch on donating to united way. Then after that we are all forced to come to a required PCM to hear how we all need to contribute and then listen to some over paid united way rep about how it's helps the community.

Emails.... Phssshhh please.
giphy-42.gif

Now complain how the water cooler water is too cold. ;)

DiadesSuk

Emails.... We're talking emails here?

Please I wish all I got was emails. We're brought in one at a time with management to get the hard sale/intimidation pitch on donating to united way. Then after that we are all forced to come to a required PCM to hear how we all need to contribute and then listen to some over paid united way rep about how it's helps the community.

Emails.... Phssshhh please.
View attachment 343575

Now complain how the water cooler water is too cold. ;)
Slow down there lol.. It starts off as email. Then its group face to face then its personally with your manager/rep in corp.. Happens yearly. Then as they swear its optional, they isolate you from others and ask why you aren't participating. Then the pressure continues day after day and week after week until the campaign is over.. At least you dont end up at panel if you say "no". If we say no, we find ourselves being stared at and not promoted because we fail to embrace the UPS culture...

oldngray

nowhere special
Slow down there lol.. It starts off as email. Then its group face to face then its personally with your manager/rep in corp.. Happens yearly. Then as they swear its optional, they isolate you from others and ask why you aren't participating. Then the pressure continues day after day and week after week until the campaign is over.. At least you dont end up at panel if you say "no". If we say no, we find ourselves being stared at and not promoted because we fail to embrace the UPS culture...
a guy I worked with was totally against United Way when he was hourly but had to do a complete reversal after he went into management.

542thruNthru

a guy I worked with was totally against United Way when he was hourly but had to do a complete reversal after he went into management.
All our sups PT and FT get a golf tournament for getting us all to donate. Two separate tournaments. The least they can do is donate.

DiadesSuk

we have no choice.. i dont care what any salary body here tries to tell anyone. Zero participation is not an answer. The reports get ran daily and passed to the SR Manager. That manager adds those names "BCC" to an email and claims its voluntary yet its clear when raises or promotions come around you arent in the running period.

542thruNthru

Is UPS making all it's corporate employees come into work now or is it still work from home?

oldngray

nowhere special
All our sups PT and FT get a golf tournament for getting us all to donate. Two separate tournaments. The least they can do is donate.
They want 100% participation. Even if people only give a dollar. Its about the corporate image. Not the money.

I did let them pressure me into donating at first but I finally grew a pair and told them no. When they saw I wouldn't budge they gave up trying.

DiadesSuk

Then the least you all can do is donate to UPSPAC. Think of it as a sweatpants tax.
I prefer I dont donate to crony politicians that get paid by me in the first place.. My tax dollars funds their checks yet I give UPS the money they pay me to do my job to hide behind while they fund the same people that I already pay? lol if this is the :censored2: they teach you at the Union, you need to get your money back lol.

542thruNthru

They want 100% participation. Even if people only give a dollar. Its about the corporate image. Not the money.

I did let them pressure me into donating at first but I finally grew a pair and told them no. When they saw I wouldn't budge they gave up trying.
I quit donating when I tried to help a fellow driver who just lost his wife to cancer. Tried to get the company to allow us to donate sick days so he could take care of his kids. It was shut down by the DM and instead he tried to get me to have everyone donate through united way to a charity of the driver's choice.

From then on I say every time. "I refuse to perpetuate the myth that UPS cares about people." And I walk away.

542thruNthru

I prefer I dont donate to crony politicians that get paid by me in the first place.. My tax dollars funds their checks yet I give UPS the money they pay me to do my job to hide behind while they fund the same people that I already pay? lol if this is the * they teach you at the Union, you need to get your money back lol.
Honestly I don't even know what UPSPAC is. I'm just giving you guys a hard time. Now go put a jacket on. You got a zoom call in 15 min. ;)