UPS's Ability to Keep Things Out of the Media----On Topic

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I continue to be amazed at the way in which the company is able to keep service related incidents out of the media. We recently had an incident in my center, the details of which are not important, which greatly impacted service and caused major traffic headaches, yet there was not one word of the incident in our local newspaper or on our local TV news.

Have any of you been involved in such an incident and had a similar experience to where the incident was kept out of the media?

MendozaJ

If it happened on the 23rd, you would probably see some pathetic mom talking about how Christmas will be ruined because her ten year old still believes in santa.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I ordered a new laptop for my son last weekend. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday. Got an e-mail from Staples that the shipment was delayed because of the wildfires in TN. How can a shipment from CA to WI be impacted by fires in TN? Had my OMS run internal tracking and found out the trailer in CACH was never processed/moved.
So UPS lies to it's customers about service failures and blames delays on natural disasters?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I ordered a new laptop for my son last weekend. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday. Got an e-mail from Staples that the shipment was delayed because of the wildfires in TN. How can a shipment from CA to WI be impacted by fires in TN? Had my OMS run internal tracking and found out the trailer in CACH was never processed/moved.
So UPS lies to it's customers about service failures and blames delays on natural disasters?
Every day. We have been instructed to do resi airs in trace and commercial on time for the rest of peak. Doesn't matter if we leave on time or weather or what.

upschuck

We've rolled over 20 loads this week, and not a peep in the media. Nobody, in media, really cares until we get close to Christmas.

That would be like a news story that the weatherman got the forecast wrong.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We've rolled over 20 loads this week, and not a peep in the media. Nobody, in media, really cares until we get close to Christmas.

That would be like a news story that the weatherman got the forecast wrong.

Media only reports the epic fails or unfair propaganda. We all need drama

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Like Alan Jackson once sung: "It's 5 o'clock somewhere", UPS now sings "there's wildfires somewhere".

JL 0513

Every day. We have been instructed to do resi airs in trace and commercial on time for the rest of peak. Doesn't matter if we leave on time or weather or what.

That's ridiculous. So customers who spent big money for a NDA and wait at home in the morning to get their package by 10:30 keeping them hanging all day.

If UPS only gets one thing right each day, it's getting air on time (this along with making p/u service). If not, every one of those disappointed customers are lost to FedEx. Sad.