UPS's best ideas - No commit time over relaxed, Xmas week

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The competition is doing the same thing though. No time commits.

People are more understanding the week of xmas. I can understand if we all did it two weeks out then it would not be right.

But mostly between late planes and bad weather, people know it's hectic. Most just want it there next day. They aren't complaining that it comes at 1031

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
People are more understanding the week of xmas. I can understand if we all did it two weeks out then it would not be right.

But mostly between late planes and bad weather, people know it's hectic. Most just want it there next day. They aren't complaining that it comes at 1031
I've told business customers for many years that during the week of Peak if they need their stuff early, they might want to pick it up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No nookie
200w.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Let it go, the company has decided the direction they are going with this for now. Much like access points, you may not agree with it, but it's here. Does it effect some customers negatively, sure. Does it help the majority of other customers, absolutely.

I've had two driver follow ups where my access point has lost a packages for customers, it shows signatures by the employee and a scan from their access point 3 hours later they logged it in. What can I do about it, nothing. Will these incidents stop UPS from access pointing packages, no.

Future

Victory Ride
Most of my reg NDA customers r early bulk stops....so they r getting theirs on time...... Medicine for resis becomes a issue ...older people waiting for it ....and here I come strolling up at 7pm.....

Indecisi0n

Agree this was a very smart move on their part. I just explained to my customer because of the holidays all NDAs will be late this week and now that they know they are fine with it. Only stop I will break for are my customer NDA medical packages.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Most of my reg NDA customers r early bulk stops....so they r getting theirs on time...... Medicine for resis becomes a issue ...older people waiting for it ....and here I come strolling up at 7pm.....
and that's where regular driver has to make judgement calls