UPS's best ideas - No commit time over relaxed, Xmas week

Indecisi0n

I just got a shipping quote from Ups.com and nda saver is still cheaper. I really doubt UPS told anybody about the commit time cancellation because at least some of them would have been smart enough to use saver instead. Feels kinda shady delivering nda at 9pm.
Every time I deliver a NDA after 10:30 it makes me smile a bit.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Delivered my last commercial NDA last night at 745pm. Consignee actually met me in the parking lot when he saw me pull up and was very happy to get the parcel.
Delivered my last residential NDA at about 930pm. Dropped in door and didn't bother knocking. They will find their new cellphone today.

ups1990

Tell that to the customer that got her medicine at 5 PM
The problem lies in that all air is loaded in trace and we don't know what type of air packages we have. Bid drivers have an idea and try to make a timely delivery but a lot of times our hands are tied due to the late start times and heavy bulk down the middle.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have 3 commercial stops on my peak route. They all get their air by 10a. The rest get it when they get it. I am doing 30 more stops than last year and I am sure it is because I am not breaking trace for air. The car is too bulked out to run it any way but in order start at section 1 and go from there.

Whose ever idea this was: THANK YOU.

The problem lies in that all air is loaded in trace and we don't know what type of air packages we have. Bid drivers have an idea and try to make a timely delivery but a lot of times our hands are tied due to the late start times and heavy bulk down the middle.
I had no clue some of them were air until I got to the stop

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Obamacare?
tumblr_ms9zvsDXkm1ris28no1_400.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Maybe it isn't the best idea to have your life saving medicine just in time.

You know how these insurance companies work.

I once had a guy way up in the sticks who got anti-rejection medicine NDA once a month for his heart transplant.

He knew I wasn't going to get there by commit, but he asked that if I couldn't get there that day to let him know where I could leave it so he could come and get it.

His insurance didn't authorize the shipment until the last minute.