UPS's best ideas - No commit time over relaxed, Xmas week

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Running our routes straight EDD with no air this week has probably saved this company a lot of missed packages. Relaxed commit was nice but this has been way smoother. I'm assuming this is nationwide.

They also told us that we could ask for a paid lunch this week. I will not do this because if they wouldn't offer it the other 51 weeks of the year, I'm not doing it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
While it has been nice to run the air in trace, it is not fair to our regulars who get air on a daily basis.

That's why if your the regular bid driver you still take care of the "regular " customers as if peak isn't happening.

You don't do that in the BOG big guy??

It gives you more flexibility to drop everything for those customers. It's only for one week and it helps the system when it's overloaded.

I'm surprised with your extensive ups knowledge you don't come to that conclusion

That's why if your the regular bid driver you still take care of the "regular " customers as if peak isn't happening.

You don't do that in the BOG big guy??
I told my customers they would be late all week. I still do my best to take care of the regulars. We have a lot of competition, we don't need to give them an excuse to jump ship after the holidays.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I told my customers they would be late all week. I still do my best to take care of the regulars. We have a lot of competition, we don't need to give them an excuse to jump ship after the holidays.

And that's what you do. You take care of the regular business customers. They understand this week is heavy. But to put 1030 commits on NDA resi stops would be stupid on the heaviest week. That's why they did it.

If you're a bid driver you know who to take care of and who is flexible

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Running our routes straight EDD with no air this week has probably saved this company a lot of missed packages. Relaxed commit was nice but this has been way smoother. I'm assuming this is nationwide.

They also told us that we could ask for a paid lunch this week. I will not do this because if they wouldn't offer it the other 51 weeks of the year, I'm not doing it.
No lunch? What do Runner-Gunners do?