UPS's responsibility for PPE gear for de-ice.

Skooney

Is it not the responsibility of UPS so supply the proper gear to perform de-ice?

Can someone point me in the right direction of our contract for that information?

I was told I had to use a voucher which is designated in our rider for cold weather gear, to purchase rain gear, which is by regulation required to perform the job. PPE gear for de-icing was always supplied by the company. I'm also fairly certain it is an OSHA regulation to supply that equipment.

Skooney

And just for clarification, they supply all other required gear. Masks/Goggles, harness, rubber boot covers, and the appropriate gloves. They are refusing to supply the rain gear required by their regulations.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So you think they're gonna buy some kid rain and cold weather gear to de ice your windshield?

If so your a special kind of stupid
They supply rain gear to the car washers. They also have uniform pants, long sleave shirt and uniform coat.

Skooney

In the end, I made them aware I was going to file a grievance after being told to use our vouchers, which they are not designated for. Also the fact that PPE gear was an audit item.

About 2 hours after that they asked me what size I was. Many people are getting new rain gear.

jaker

trolling
In the end, I made them aware I was going to file a grievance after being told to use our vouchers, which they are not designated for. Also the fact that PPE gear was an audit item.

About 2 hours after that they asked me what size I was. Many people are getting new rain gear.
Must be nice really , we as drivers don't get rain gear but then again it doesn't rain when we work