Upstate New York Snow

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I guess upstate NY got hammered with snow. Some of our on cars drove up there this morning to help dig them out. At our PCM they said 6 feet of snow. Were they exaggerating?

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No....Watertown got up to 8' of the white stuff.

The ironic part is that the snow was not part of a storm-----it was all the result of cold air blowing over the warm lake.

Lake effect snow can produce amazing snow totals within a very short period of time in a very narrow band. You could have bare ground in one area and 3' or more just 5 miles away.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Thats nuts. They said our sups were sent to Buffalo. Is that near Watertown?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sort of. Watertown is best know for being the home of Fort Drum. If you follow I-81 south it takes you to Syracuse, which is our district hub. Buffalo is about 3-4 hours west of Syracuse.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Thats nuts. They said our sups were sent to Buffalo. Is that near Watertown?

Back when I was a frequent drinker. Used to go there. Only place I've seen tunnels to the phone booths. The roads are snow blown. Strait icy walls. You could never drive off of them. Boy those were the days

oldngray

nowhere special
Since Buffalo is next to Niagra Falls this is interesting- frozen over.
fdceb2fe-86c0-4c57-af82-b94ceb93a198_RTX176R1.jpg

tourists24

No....Watertown got up to 8' of the white stuff.

The ironic part is that the snow was not part of a storm-----it was all the result of cold air blowing over the warm lake.

Lake effect snow can produce amazing snow totals within a very short period of time in a very narrow band. You could have bare ground in one area and 3' or more just 5 miles away.
Did u post that right Upstate? Did u say 8 ft in Watertown? I used to be stationed at Drum. It's where I learned to hate winter lol