US Government Will Take Complete Control of Entire Economy!

wkmac

A teaser title? Another wkmac attempt to whip the froth? I'd love to be able to say that was the case but Politico.com is the one saying it or rather an Obama adminstration official.

According to Austan Goolsbee, a key Obama economic adviser, the president plans to focus on stopping bubbles along with preventing busts. And in an interview with POLITICO, Goolsbee said the administration will be on the lookout for new bubbles, like the tech stocks or housing prices.

If new threats are spotted, he said Obama would use “regulatory oversight to prevent guys who want to make a quick buck from doing real harm to the economy. ... That is what it means to get out of the bubble-and-bust cycle.”

source

Now in order to do this, you'd have to control all aspects of the economy from front to back end. But here's the real element we should be concerned with. The most recent "bubble" was in fact started by gov't itself via it's own economic policy. It wasn't until the private players saw the policy and came rushing in to turn the buck as they say. What Obama is dealing with now is not a mess of his own making as President but his actions now will come into play at some point and then it will become his own. Creating a Mussolini style monopoly corp. state is not the answer and thus again IMO instead of change, he's following the Bush model. But then again, his whole agenda is more and more about "tinkering with the Bush Model!"

tieguy

Banned
I think I'm ready for their taking over. I'm tired of working my but off. It'll be nice sitting by the pool while uncle sam takes care of my every need.:happy-very: