US solider freed from captivity in Afghanistan

MAKAVELI

NY Times trying to spin things to support Obama. Unnamed sources and innuendo but no facts to support their claims when there are many sources (with hard facts) which contradict what NY Times is claiming.
Nobody is spinning anything. These are military officials that are trying to convey to people like you, " no one left behind" means exactly what it says. The man is still an American citizen and has a right to due process. If it turns out he wasn't a deserter and we left him behind, what would you say then?

oldngray

nowhere special
Nobody is spinning anything. These are military officials that are trying to convey to people like you, " no one left behind" means exactly what it says. The man is still an American citizen and has a right to due process. If it turns out he wasn't a deserter and we left him behind, what would you say then?

He has the right to due process but fewer rights than a civilian would have. If it turns out he was a deserter as many reports claim what would you say then?

bbsam

Staff member
He has the right to due process but fewer rights than a civilian would have. If it turns out he was a deserter as many reports claim what would you say then?
I would say he belongs in a military prison. We're a long way from that.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. If the military's top officials says he is innocent until proven guilty, then we all should give him his day in court.

Sorry but if you have never been there, you just don't know. All that rhetoric is great, but this man is a traitor and a coward and needs to answer for deserting his post and imperiling his fellows. If he was among his colleagues, justice would be swift. You may not know or care to consider what really happens out "there". War is hell for a :censored2: reason Sir.

“We shall all know how to perish,
Following tradition.”

Last edited by a moderator:

MAKAVELI

Sorry but if you have never been there, you just don't know. All that rhetoric is great, but this man is a traitor and a coward and needs to answer for deserting his post and imperiling his fellows. If he was among his colleagues, justice would be swift. You may not know or care to consider what really happens out "there". War is hell for a friend-ing reason Sir.

“We shall all know how to perish,
Following tradition.”
Sorry but the rhetoric is coming from the faux news crowd. No I wasn't there , and neither was the majority on this board that want to be judge, jury, and executioner. If he is found guilty in a court of law then I have no problem with him being punished for his crime. Until that day in court all of this is just hearsay, conjecture and a witch hunt. Nobody is claiming him to be a hero.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sorry but the rhetoric is coming from the faux news crowd. No I wasn't there , and neither was the majority on this board that want to be judge, jury, and executioner. If he is found guilty in a court of law then I have no problem with him being punished for his crime. Until that day in court all of this is just hearsay, conjecture and a witch hunt. Nobody is claiming him to be a hero.

Even MSNBC and CNN are agreeing with Fox. I don't know what news source you use. You must just automatically blame Fox for anyone who disagrees with you

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
signs.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The Army Lied About the Hero Who Died Looking for Bowe Bergdahl - The Daily Beast

Lt. Darryn Andrews left a pregnant wife and son behind when he saved six fellow soldiers at the expense of his own life. But his family never knew his true mission—until now.

In the aftermath, the Army told the family that Andrews’s unit had set out to capture a top Taliban commander.

Only this past Sunday did the family learn that the commander had already been grabbed earlier in the day and that the unit had been ordered to continue on another mission.

The added mission was the ongoing search for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who had apparently slipped away from his post in July, leaving his body armor and weapon but taking a compass.

brett636

Over the passage of time new facts surface causing viewpoints in a certain issue to change. I wasn't happy about trading off the 5 taliban detainees, but was glad a soldier got to come home. That was until I learned this wasn't a POW, but a deserter who most likely aided and abetted the enemy. At this point the only positive thing to come of this is more scandals for the Obama regime to deal with, but considering this very well could cost more American lives in the future even that seems like small potatoes compared to whats coming down the pike.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually a firing squad isn't out of the question in this case either. Would you still think the trade was worth it if it comes to that?
If that's what military justice calls for, yes. I don't find the 5 Taliban members a threat at all. I'll ask you what I've asked others. Hasn't Edward Snowden taught you anything?

moreluck

golden ticket member
The 5 will return to their planning as they freely move about, and the next location of a terrorist attack could be in your neck of the woods.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't leave my little town.......that means I'm incarcerated too....by your definition.

If they need medical......maybe they go to doctors in a different city.........hey, me too.

They are free to move about........the liar bargained with liars...don't expect too much!!