USA! USA! USA! Proud again?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Trump's giving a speech in Nashville and the crowd sounds more like a Davis Cup match chanting "USA".
Is Nationalism still OK after 2 World Wars?
Has 8 years made that much difference?

Did it only take 8 years to forget what it was like to be proud of your country?

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Trump's giving a speech in Nashville and the crowd sounds more like a Davis Cup match chanting "USA".

Did it only take 8 years to forget what it was like to be proud of your country?

You must be on the haze
Your rambling

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Somebody should let Trump know he can stop campaigning now. On the plus side, he clearly does very little when it comes to his duties as president.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What are those duties?

Seriously.
Are you asking my opinion about what the role of the president should be?

I don't think he's avoiding doing his job because of some constitutional or libertarian viewpoint on presidential powers. I think he's just some silver spoon rich celebrity who's never had to actually work in his entire life, and is loving the attention he's getting.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I remember in high school and college, nationalism was taught as a main contributor to those 2 WW's.
As I was watching Trump tonight (on MSNBC), it struck me in a weird way with Trump at the podium with the crowd chanting USA.
It was eerily reminiscent of the 1930's in Europe.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I don't think he's avoiding doing his job because of some constitutional or libertarian viewpoint on presidential powers.

I think he's just some silver spoon rich celebrity who's never had to actually work in his entire life, and is loving the attention he's getting.
Oh definitely, he is hard to watch!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I mean, I know the Prez has to sign stuff for it to be official .. like Bills, treaties, etc.

However, when I read your original assertion (... he clearly does very little when it comes to his duties as president.), I really could not come up with much that the Prez has to do.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I remember in high school and college, nationalism was taught as a main contributor to those 2 WW's.
As I was watching Trump tonight (on MSNBC), it struck me in a weird way with Trump at the podium with the crowd chanting USA.
It's an odd time, and not just in the US. Nationalism is very popular in Europe at the moment as well.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
yeah i mean you're stuck in the same country i am dude
I'm not stuck here I choose to stay here because it's freaking great. I'm a white male in the United States of America..... #winning.

I get your point, I just have a problem with the word we.
I'm not a democrat so I don't deserve Trump. Democrats shafted Bernie and lost to Trump the same way the Republicans shafted Ron Paul and lost to Obama. They might deserve it, but I'm not a part of that group.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

I have been saying the exact same thing for months to a Coworker. How much it reminds me of what I have read on Hitler and his beer hall rally's

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have been saying the exact same thing for months to a Coworker. How much it reminds me of what I have read on Hitler and his beer hall rally's
That's the impression I get but I saw the same in the persons of Obama and Bush Jr.
Our government has too many "Checks & Balances" but as the USA accumulates more and more debt, the risk of instability increases dramatically. The US National government as we know it, may no longer exist.

Last edited: