Using an option day sick day

tourists24

Under our supplement management has the right to refuse/rescind personals, but if they do they have to pay you time and a half for all hours worked that day (assuming you would have gotten the day off under normal circumstances). If I had known in advance they were gonna do this, I would have put in a request for every day next week.
be careful how you read that language Jones. We have ran across this very thing. It doesnt give mgt the right to rescind the personal, it simply states that you get paid time and a half if you work that personal day.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
be careful how you read that language Jones. We have ran across this very thing. It doesnt give mgt the right to rescind the personal, it simply states that you get paid time and a half if you work that personal day.
Think about what you're saying. If that were true I would bid my personals every week and then come in and work for time and a half (and get the personals back to "use" next week). The time and a half is compensation for being forced to work on an approved personal, that's the intent of the language and that's how it's always been interpreted here.

tourists24

Think about what you're saying. If that were true I would bid my personals every week and then come in and work for time and a half (and get the personals back to "use" next week). The time and a half is compensation for being forced to work on an approved personal, that's the intent of the language and that's how it's always been interpreted here.
Funny how different places use it differently. the intent was to give the worker the option to work or not. Around here if they refuse a personal wrongfully, the worker simply tells mgt he has something very impotant and will not be at work. Unless there is an attendance problem, then its just another missed day and the worker can file to get paid for the personal anyway. Now when there is a crunch in volume mgt can ask the employee to work and this is the price for getting that person to work. There is also the option to get paid the personal or keep it for another day.

iowa boy

He clearly states he is not sick.

It doesn't matter if he is sick or not. Besides,who are you to decide if he is sick or not? Oh wait, you probably have a medical degree hanging on your huge wall in your so called office too, don't you? That will fit in really well with your Business manager "degree" and your Keter auditor "degree" that you claim to have, too.:peaceful:

Last edited:

MIB

I need to use an option day on Jan 3rd. I put in for it on Dec 27th. On Dec 29th I got my request denied.

I have to take this day off I have a lot of personal business to attend to that can out be rearranged.

I try to be work with them but it seems every time I put in a request it is denied.

I told them I might have to call in but they said if you do we will bring you in the office on Tuesday and discipline you.

Any thoughts?

As long as you haven't used all your personal days this year, all you need to do is call an hour before and say" This is ... and I'm booking off". End of story, no explanation is required. Just make sure you call and book back on an hour before the day you want to return. These days are written in the contract, therefore we have the right to use these days as we need them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Booking off work has nothing to do with sick. It has to do with not being available to work.

The company has no business knowing why you can not make it into work, like others have said. As long as you do not have attendence problems and a reasonable conscience, booking off is the best option for days you simply cannot come to work.

making it clear you "will not be in on January 15th" is a distinctly different thing than "can I have January 15th off", also.

UPSSOCKS

It doesn't matter if he is sick or not. Besides,who are you to decide if he is sick or not? Oh wait, you probably have a medical degree hanging on your huge wall in your so called office too, don't you? That will fit in really well with your Business manager "degree" and your Keter auditor "degree" that you claim to have, too.:peaceful:

No, in his original post he stated he needs the day off for personal buisness and that he is not sick. It does matter if he is sick or not. I did take some pre-med stuff early on. I'm not sure what a "Business Manager" degree is. Typical.. Also it's a Keter Certificate not a degree..