Using Social Network Sites as a Crowbar

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Posted this on Facebook and similar on Twitter on Thursday August 25th:
FedEx Ground absolutely sucks as a delivery company.
As I predicted when I found out that an ebay seller shipped a package via FedEx Ground on August 15th, they will let the package sit in the facility or on the truck until they get enough packages out where I live before they deliver it, if they ever do.
He shipped it to a PO Box which was a doofus move and even worse for FedEx to accept it and he and I called and gave them the correct physical address last Saturday August 20th.
FedEx Ground is the absolute cesspool of the Home Delivery business. These are not even FedEx employees and they don't care about the customer - either the shipper or the consignee.
We have called 4 times about getting it on the car and out for delivery but believe me, from many previous experiences with FedEx Ground, they just really don't care.
If anyone from FedEx sees this, the tracking number is 592605115000011 and it has been sitting at the Kennesaw, GA facility since last Saturday.

Within 3 hours, they found the package and put it out for delivery today and it was delivered today. Social Network sites are good for something.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Social Network sites are good for something.

I sure hope my wife doesn't see this, she'll feel vindicated for all the hours of "Facebooking" she is consumed by...lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Absolutely no sympathy for people using p.o. box addresses.

This depends upon whether the person lives in a city or a small rural town. Never had a problem figuring out a physical or 911 address in a small rural town. Never bothered (unless there was a phone number) in a city.

bbsam

Staff member
This depends upon whether the person lives in a city or a small rural town. Never had a problem figuring out a physical or 911 address in a small rural town. Never bothered (unless there was a phone number) in a city.
we have areas with 911 road signs (put them in 20) years ago but never started using 911 addresses. I don't mind so much if they are listed in a plat book, but too often they aren't and we are supposed to guess at how the post office routes their carriers. Those situations can be next to impossible and always time consuming.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we have areas with 911 road signs (put them in 20) years ago but never started using 911 addresses. I don't mind so much if they are listed in a plat book, but too often they aren't and we are supposed to guess at how the post office routes their carriers. Those situations can be next to impossible and always time consuming.

Are you talking RD #'s or P.O. Box #'s? They are not one in the same.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm talking about rural route 1 box 289a.

Ahh...it has been a while since I have had a RD/RR run and, yes, it can be tough to figure out how the P.O. set up the numbers. Thankfully all of our RD/RR runs have been converted to 911 addresses.

The fun comes in when two towns overlap their RR numbering.

RR #'s that I couldn't find and that I couldn't get directions for at the local store were brought back for lookup.