USPS switching to UPS

UPSer27

I am a USPS carrier very interested into working for UPS instead. Any pointers or advice would be great. Do I need to know someone in the center or should I apply for a package handler first to eventually get a driver’s job? Since the holiday rush is upon us, not counting overwhelming pandemic volume, would it be possible to need extra help during the peak and get a drivers job sooner because of my experience?

I am a USPS carrier very interested into working for UPS instead. Any pointers or advice would be great. Do I need to know someone in the center or should I apply for a package handler first to eventually get a driver’s job? Since the holiday rush is upon us, not counting overwhelming pandemic volume, would it be possible to need extra help during the peak and get a drivers job sooner because of my experience?
All driving jobs go by seniority not by previous experience

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I feel like people say that basically every time of the year. What a joke.
How is it a joke? Virtually none of our driving jobs are filled by inside employees. Maybe if you work at a small center they do. Not here. We can't staff the operation

silenze

I have observed and researched UPS for awhile. Not wanting to be seasonal, full-time is the goal.
Ups only hires for full time during non seasonal periods. So you either work inside or drive seasonal. May as well drive. I would do pvd before working inside. Inside sucks

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I can assure you that UPS canNOT be as bad as USPS
In the town that I deliver all of the carriers are back to the Post office by 1745 at the absolute latest,and by 1815 EVERYONE is gone. I have wished many times I had gotten on with the PO rather than UPS

silenze

In the town that I deliver all of the carriers are back to the Post office by 1745 at the absolute latest,and by 1815 EVERYONE is gone. I have wished many times I had gotten on with the PO rather than UPS
They probably deliver 20 packages out of that tiny jeep.