usps?

nhnative

Southern NH
I am new to the forum. Work in southern nh, UPS as a delivery "cover driver." Been there for 8 years, driving for close to 4. Little concerned with the layoffs. Things are slow and I'm working both inside shifts to get hours. This wacky schedule is exhausting, and makes parenting time a little trickier than usual. I can't help but think that all of the pkgs. going to the usps are taking away our jobs. We only run about 32 routes a day, and deliver approx. 600 pkgs. to local post offices. These 600 pkgs. would put 2 or 3 of our 4 laid off drivers back on the road again. Does anyone know if the union is looking into this?

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hi nhnative,

Welcome to the BrownCafe! I'm not sure about your question and will let someone else take a stab at it but it's good to have you here.:peaceful:

ricthered

I agree with your concern about the pkgs going to USPS. At least UPS is moving these pkgs from the shipper to the local post office...otherwise UPS would not have these pkg at all. UPS is expensive, we cannot compete on price...we need to provide exceptional service always. I don't think the union can do anything about this...union members are still handling the pkgs in feeders, hubs and in the centers.