Utah Feeder Accident

UPS4Life

Not that it makes a difference but I wonder if the dump truck had his four way on. I chain reaction of people swerving out of the way could have left ups with no time to do anything at 65mph compared to 30. I know if he didn't have time he was following too close I'm just saying in general.

Sent using BrownCafe App

clean hairy

The article states the dump truck was travelling at 30-40MPH?
Many states have either a minimum speed for Interstae Highways, or language that implies "a motorist may not travel at a speed so slow as to impede the flow of traffic"
Anyone in Utah familiar with this?
I just can't imagine where a person could just putz along at a speed of a Residential street on an Interstate.

PT Car Washer

The article states the dump truck was travelling at 30-40MPH?
Many states have either a minimum speed for Interstae Highways, or language that implies "a motorist may not travel at a speed so slow as to impede the flow of traffic"
Anyone in Utah familiar with this?
I just can't imagine where a person could just putz along at a speed of a Residential street on an Interstate.
Should have at least been traveling on the shoulder with the 4 way flashers on.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet slow driver cause more accidents than speeders. It just that they are normally not the ones charged.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I bet slow driver cause more accidents than speeders. It just that they are normally not the ones charged.
Lots of studies show speed doesn't cause most accidents. Difference in speed between 1 driver and another does.

So 5 cars doing 90 is safer than 4 at 65 and 1 at 30.

slappyhappy

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1422590142.344019.jpg

45 mph minimum speed under normal conditions.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I always get a kick out of the people who are towing someone else on the interstate. Just a regular pick up pulling some crap car, going 20 in a 70. I just can't even fathom what goes on in these peoples heads. Not going to lie, some days I just want to just run right over them.