Vacant route for bid

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I was told after I won the bid on Wednesday at 5pm that they didn't have to put me on my route until Monday. I'm not sure if that was true or not but my weak ass steward couldn't get his head of management's ass to argue so who knows.

542thruNthru

I was told after I won the bid on Wednesday at 5pm that they didn't have to put me on my route until Monday. I'm not sure if that was true or not but my weak ass steward couldn't get his head of management's ass to argue so who knows.
That's how it works here. It's in our contract.

Cowboy Mac

File a grievance if they refuse to put you on it. Not sure if this is supplemental, but at least where I’m at we get 2 hours penalty pay if they take us off our bid route (regular or vacation bid).

2Down2Many2Go

Ha , let the battle begin.

you got what it takes to stand up to management?

you going to demand your bid route everyday and never receive surprise days off?

you going to cry and shake when the center manager calls you in morning to jump off your route?

they will crush you on that route and try to break you down...PREPARE FOR A BATTLE AND STAY STRONG UNION BROTHER

🧔✊
lol....this is not the Roman/ caveman/ 22.4 days smh

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If a bid for vacant route is won, how long does managament have until they have to staff you on said route?

I have heard varying answers. 30 days, 7-10 days etc. Tried looking in the book. Found this but still wasn't clear to me. Does "awarded" just mean to inform one that they won the bid or to actually staff them on the route?

I'm in atlantic 639
You're looking at the wrong section, the screenshot you posted is the language for FT inside jobs. You want Art 48 section 6:

The Company will award each bid within a maximum of thirty (30)
calendar days from the end of the bidding procedure unless other-
wise mutually agreed to between the Company and the Local Union

21Savage

You're looking at the wrong section, the screenshot you posted is the language for FT inside jobs. You want Art 48 section 6:

The Company will award each bid within a maximum of thirty (30)
calendar days from the end of the bidding procedure unless other-
wise mutually agreed to between the Company and the Local Union
Yeah I figured that out shortly after. Thanks for pointing that out.

Whereistheunion

If a bid for vacant route is won, how long does managament have until they have to staff you on said route?

I have heard varying answers. 30 days, 7-10 days etc. Tried looking in the book. Found this but still wasn't clear to me. Does "awarded" just mean to inform one that they won the bid or to actually staff them on the route?

I'm in atlantic 639
This is a long time issue, get with steward and said management and ramp up pressure to put you on your bid route. Otherwise, management will slowly and conveniently put you on your route @ there discretion AKA ( PUSSYFOOTING AROUND)

Cowboy Mac

This is a long time issue, get with steward and said management and ramp up pressure to put you on your bid route. Otherwise, management will slowly and conveniently put you on your route @ there discretion AKA ( PUSSYFOOTING AROUND)
Or they won’t put him on the route at all. We have a couple drivers here who still haven’t switched routes. We last bid in Feb 2019.

21Savage

Or they won’t put him on the route at all. We have a couple drivers here who still haven’t switched routes. We last bid in Feb 2019.

I gotta wait 30 days then file on it. But in the mean time I did let my stewards know. They're going to press the issue on it.

Then get on the 9.5 list asap and get ready to file away cuz I know they're going to blow the route up out of spite of me leaving a heavy business and pickup route and going to this cupcake route. Also going to start documenting the current dispatch of the new route so I'll have some proof once they start blowing it up as well.