vacation and holidays

LaUpser

can anyone tell me how many weeks of vacation and opd days do i suppose to have after 2yrs of working and what holidays is considered off for p/t workers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: vaction and holidays

We all get the same holidays, whether FT or PT. FTers get 8 hours pay while PTers get 4. You should have two weeks of vacation. OPD days are set by your supplement so we would have no way of knowing how many you should have at this point.

S

serenity now

can anyone tell me how many weeks of vacation and opd days do i suppose to have after 2yrs of working and what holidays is considered off for p/t workers?

we get the big 8 on holidays

is that LA or lower alabama?

LaUpser

its showing 1wk vaction still and i have made my 2 years already also good friday im inquiring about being off, and thats lower louisiana

S

serenity now

cool * here, you would have to burn an Opt. 3 for Good Friday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you get your vacations/sick/personal/optional days/weeks for the year on the 1st of the year or at a different point during the year?

Cementups

Box Monkey

its showing 1wk vaction still and i have made my 2 years already also good friday im inquiring about being off, and thats lower louisiana

Good Friday is NOT a holiday. You would have to put in for a personal/option day to have that day off.

Have you picked vacations yet and able to pick two weeks per cycle year?

saintrick

If you are in the Southern Region Supplement.

New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years Eve Day.

All Seniority employees receive 1 personal holiday each calender year.

Vacations
If you had 156 reports the first year your vacation anniversary date is jan 1 of that year.
If you do not get 156 the first year anniversary is jan 1 of the following year.
(You also will get a option week after being employeed three calander years)

1 year 1week
2 2
10 3
15 4
20 5
25 6

Nimnim

The Nim

New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Years Eve Day.

Vacations
If you had 156 reports the first year your vacation anniversary date is jan 1 of that year.
If you do not get 156 the first year anniversary is jan 1 of the following year.

1 year 1week
2 2
10 3
15 4
20 5
25 6

Southern has 1 option day for everyone(as mentioned above). After 3 years worked as of Jan 1st, you will receive an option week that can either be taken as an additional vacation, paid out and worked through with extra hours and able to roll it into 401k, or split into 7 days to be taken at your discretion. I can grab my contract from the car later for the actual language if needed.

The 3 years as of Jan 1st hurt me here with a Feb seniority date as I had to work almost 4 years to get it, but it benefits me for vacations as I'll always have the reports when I hit my new vacation years.

Big Babooba

Vacations

1 year 1week
2 2
10 3
15 4
20 5
25 6

Those working under the New England Supplement also get Columbus Day and Veterans Day (November 11)

Big Babooba

Those working under the New England Supplement also get Columbus Day and Veterans Day (November 11)

Are those paid days off or do you get 8 hours pay plus time and a half for hours worked?

We work em both,,but get 8 plus time and a half here in local 25 Boston !!

They are paid holidays. Those of us who work them get 8 hours holiday pay + time and a half for all hours worked. I usually don't work them. Time off is more valuable to me. As long as I work one day in the pay period, I still get the holiday pay.