Vacation and Worker's Comp

Jerman

I live in the Southern Region and would like to know if I still get my vacation time next year even though I'm on worker's comp. It'd be pretty messed up if I lost my benefits due to an injury that UPS caused.

Jerman

I was out half of last year and still got all of my stuff for this year. I'd assume situations vary.
That's good to know. Did you also get paid for Holidays while on it? I've gotten paid for a majority of the ones this year but they seem to have not paid me for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

SandSpida

That's good to know. Did you also get paid for Holidays while on it? I've gotten paid for a majority of the ones this year but they seem to have not paid me for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
Some areas pay you holidays for the first 6 months. So if your going to get injured it’s financially beneficial to do it in October.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I live in the Southern Region and would like to know if I still get my vacation time next year even though I'm on worker's comp. It'd be pretty messed up if I lost my benefits due to an injury that UPS caused.
Your vacation weeks are based on years of service and will retain the time off. You accrue pay for those vacations as if you're working under workers compensation.

ManInBrown

Don’t know the exact formula of how they figure it out but I was out about 21 weeks a few years ago and didn’t lose any of my vacation or other entitlements. Sick days, options days. And mine was disability out of work injury.

Johney

Your vacation weeks are based on years of service and will retain the time off. You accrue pay for those vacations as if you're working under workers compensation.
Not here. You must have so many reports or hours to achieve your vacation time. I was out once for 16 weeks due to a rotator cuff injury/surgery and only received 2 of my 5 weeks. On worker’s comp.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I got hit in the head by a piece of equipment that UPS basically refused to repair despite constant requests to.
1675923803613.jpeg

Do you now ride trains?

nWo

I got hit in the head by a piece of equipment that UPS basically refused to repair despite constant requests to.

Would be great if you had some sort of documentation proving UPS ignored an obvious safety issue.

Trucker Clock

Your time off for an on the job injury, up to 1 year, counts towards vacations . You get paid for Holidays for the first 6 months.

Johney

Your time off for an on the job injury, up to 1 year, counts towards vacations . You get paid for Holidays for the first 6 months.
Not here it doesn't. You do get holiday pay which you have to report to LM which they deduct from your comp pay. Although I don't think anyone reports it.

Trucker Clock

Not here it doesn't. You do get holiday pay which you have to report to LM which they deduct from your comp pay. Although I don't think anyone reports it.

He said he was in the Southern.

I know the Southern, Central, Atlantic, Central PA, and New England has a 1 year clause. Others may vary.

charm299

Southern region goes by reports, if you got 156 reports you get full vacation. As the reports go down, the amount of hours that you are paid goes down

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Southern region goes by reports, if you got 156 reports you get full vacation. As the reports go down, the amount of hours that you are paid goes down
This.. I am in the southern and was out for a while. I actually sold 3 weeks back so I would have enough reports for this year.