Vacation days (first year)

Algernon

So I was hired as a seasonal package handler in June of this year and then hired permanently inside in late August. Currently, I'm working as as a seasonal driver. I got a call on Wednesday while working but I couldn't take it and the message said to call back although I couldn't during the hours someone was at the phone, apparently. Today after getting back to the building someone in the office handed me a vacation request sheet and told me to fill it out asap but didn't have time to answer any questions about it so I just left with the sheet.

I've attracted a picture of the sheet. The only markings on it are yellow highlights over weeks 1 and 2 at the top and a pink highlight over June 19th which I believe is my seasonal hire date. I've tried asking several times what actual my hire date is and have never gotten a proper response.

So now I'm assuming my hire date is June 19th, and I get 2 weeks vacation in 2018 after that date. However I don't really know how this sheet actually works so if someone could tell me how it worked for them and/or any questions I need to ask my inside sup when I get a chance to talk to him about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20171201_234338.jpg
    20171201_234338.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 406

lolbr

I you want to know seniority date, you can find it when logged in at upsers.com Just check the time off viewer "Next Earn Date" column.

Algernon

I you want to know seniority date, you can find it when logged in at upsers.com Just check the time off viewer "Next Earn Date" column.

Ok thank you, so it seems my hire date is 6/19. So my only other question now is what happens after I request these days, like if certain ones are full or if the only option here is to request full weeks off. I'm trying to contact someone asap about this but any answers here would help.

lolbr

IIRC you should have one week of vacation and one option week. I think you have the option to save up to two weeks to be used as days off, but I'll assume you want to take a week off two times.

Pick which weeks you want off, let's say the week of 6/25/18 and 8/20/18. Find the date of the Saturday at the end of the week (6/30/18 and 8/25/18). Put one date by the highlighted 1, the other date by the highlighted 2. Pick which is your option week and put an O under type, then put a V under type for the regular vacation week.

If a week isn't available then you'll have to choose another.